HELP!!! mom of 1 and cant lose weight!

Im a mom of 1 and I gained a lot of wieght and I cant seem to lose any I am trying my hardest to eat healthy and excercise when I can But I dont know what els to do I want to feel like myself again!!!

Replies

• LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Are you logging your foods? How much exercise are you getting? What are you eating?

Theres a lot of factors that go into weight loss....

I know after my first three, I lost the weight, but this time, just listening to my body didn't work, I was eating to maintain. It is taking me actually tracking cals and exercise to lose it.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Wake up a little earlier and do pilates dvds. As soon as I added pilates to my lifting/cardio workouts, the weight stareted coming off. You also must make sure you are eating right. That matters the most, especially in the beginning.
  • ronnilee
    ronnilee Posts: 4
    Yeah even when i wasnt on here i was watching what i ate and i only really eat chicken and some fruit an veggies and mainly on drink water i do 40 crunches leg lifts planks and eliptical and dance around with my son.. Im just in a rut to the point i have broken down..
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    hmm i know how frustrating it could be to not lose weight! I honestly eat within the calorie range, and walk everyday. Take the baby in the stroller/carrier and just walk. How old is your little one? are u BF or not..... I had my daughter 6 months ago and also gained a lot of weight. I'm on the last 16 lbs or so!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Log everything you eat, stick to your calories(would try to aim for 1/2-1ib a week, rather than more), and try not to go under, and be sure to try and get a little exercise everyday, whether it be 20 mins or an hour, as long as you keep active, and I am sure you do stay fairly active with a little one around. Be sure you are not eating too little, as that can really kill weight loss and if you remain stuck, I would try eating a little more until it starts dropping.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Are you eating enough. You need at least 1200 cals a day.
  • Candaroo
    Candaroo Posts: 25 Member
    I am in the same boat! I agree, it's best if you log what you are eating. You may not be getting enough calories in so your body is hanging on for dear life. Also, maybe try to change things up a bit. Sometimes only chicken is not what it takes. I read recently that there are some people that chicken is NOT the meat to eat if you are trying to lose weight. Some people do better on red meats and some on a vegetarian lifestyle, so you might want to look into that as well.....just throwing thoughts out.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Are you eating enough. You need at least 1200 cals a day.

This was the first thing that came to mind too.
  • ronnilee
    No Im not I suffered from anorexia when i was in highschool and once i finally beat it I only ate once a day an then snacks and i still do that.. Its hard to eat more than that for me .. :( I just feel defeated I overcome one thing now on the opposite end of the table I am dealing with the opposite issue
    Thank you all so much I really appriciate it
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    I would say u need therapy to deal with the Anorexia cause being u r not eating and working out soooo much u will not lose weight your body will hang on to it...
  • gabbytup
    gabbytup Posts: 8 Member
    I agree with everything above.

Also want to add. If you eat small meals(big snacks) 5 times a day, your body is getting constant fuel. When this happens, it feels like it can burn hotter and faster. you dont have to eat alot, but try to balance it Protien/veggie/starch/fruit/fat yes I said fat! Good fat is good for you. Also I know this is harder- but getting a good amount of sleep will also help. When you are sleep deprived your body is not in balance, so it locks up all sources of energy. basically, the best way to lose weight is to try to live a happy healthy lifestyle, and when your body trusts it, it will give up the pounds!
  • ronnilee
    Thank you all I will try all you have suggested! and try eating more since i am not getting the calories i need.. I truly appriciate everything!!