RUNNERS!!! Have you ever.....

Options
Have you ever found yourself behind someone in a race, and found the 'view' so nice that you postponed passing them for a while?

I just call them my "pacers". LOL

Replies

• _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I might have just found a reason to start running...
  • bratgrrl
    bratgrrl Posts: 30
    Options
    Have you ever found yourself behind someone in a race, and found the 'view' so nice that you postponed passing them for a while?

have you ever been running in front of me? (not that I could pass you anyway)
  • HJCsDaddy
    HJCsDaddy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    nope, can't say that I have honestly. I am usually too focused on the task at hand.
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Totally! Sit back and enjoy the view!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Yes... yes I have.

Sometimes.. just sometimes I want to get in front of a few and run backwards. Does that make me creepy? :tongue:
  • remysrunning
    Options
    I always start at the back of the field of shorter races and chase down the ladies with the best assets. :)
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Funny you should mention this... my hubby and his friend do this... and openly admit it! :laugh:
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Uh....no....er....uh....I would *never* do that....

(insert secret high-five here)

The Princess Half-Marathon was teh awsum. 15000 plus runners, I was one of 1100 guys. Scenery galore.

The last 5K I did, however, I had no scenery to look at. I beat all the girls, which was my first time ever doing that (14th out of 300 plush runners, 22:20 total time on course). I would call that an NSV, but I wouldn't want to be called sexist or anything.
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My hubby would sooo do this lol
  • NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA I'm doing a 10km on Sunday and I might have to try this.
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    Uhhhhmmmm......absolutely! Found myself behind a fireman in my last race.....he just so happened to be a hair faster than me.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Hell yes! Best reason to run ever was the invention of spandex running tights!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Nope, i'm too competitive.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    That's how i made it thru my 1st half
  • packalpha
    packalpha Posts: 65
    Options
    hahahaha LOVE IT!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Guilty. :)
  • loseweightjames
    Options

many times... doesn't everyone? thought that was part of running..... :huh:
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Uh....no....er....uh....I would *never* do that....

(insert secret high-five here)

The Princess Half-Marathon was teh awsum. 15000 plus runners, I was one of 1100 guys. Scenery galore.

The last 5K I did, however, I had no scenery to look at. I beat all the girls, which was my first time ever doing that (14th out of 300 plush runners, 22:20 total time on course). I would call that an NSV, but I wouldn't want to be called sexist or anything.

Hubby and I ran the Tinkerbell run in January. He loved it... 11,200 women... 800 guys! :tongue:
  • blittle2
    blittle2 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Of course, how else to you make through 26.2 miles :)
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I think I could let the OP be my pacer. :wink: