Ready to Slim down with SI6

Options
Hello all! :smile: I will be starting SI6 again in Thursday after my 2 day fast. I just finished Chalean Extreme about a week and half ago and wanted to do the fast to refresh myself and increase the motivation. I also needed the break anyway after those 90 days of CE. So, my goal is to get 4-6 weeks of BIU done. Hopefully at least 4 weeks and if boredome doesn't take place, will do 2 more weeks of it. Maybe mix it up with Slim Series for the last 2 weeks into it.

I will then, do another round of CE which I really enjoyed and seen a difference with how my body is now. I am stronger and I did lose a couple of lbs and inches but not as much. Maybe the 2nd round, I will use the nutrition plan that the program came with.

So, this is where my journey begins... I have learned to eat clean and I do believe that That is the most important of all. Without eating clean, we wont see results. I know it is hard, that is why I am here to share the experience with struggles, and triumph. We all make mistakes, but, we can as well get back and do something about it.

I am ready to shed those hard to lose 30 lbs and find a new me. I have been stuck here forever and there is no better time than today...just continue on the path I started 3 months ago. I am proud to say that for the first time in 3 years, I got to finish a program that lasted for 90 days!!!:happy: I am here to continue on that path and please feel free to join me if you want or even just say hi!

Tere

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! You are definitely an encouragement to stay consistent and finish what you start!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    what is the SI6?
  • McLachfan
    McLachfan Posts: 50
    Options
    SI6 is a program by Beach Body called "Slim in 6".

I just bought this and started the program yesterday. I didn't do the two-day fast... do you think that will make a big difference?

I'm not sure what to expect for results. I've heard really good things about the program. Worst thing I've heard about it is that it's a little boring, but from what I can it's no more boring than any other exercise DVD. :laugh: And every post I have read (not exclusive to this site even) have all said the program works, so I'm committed to it and hoping that holds true for me!

The only thing I'm concerned about is making it through the first six days on the express diet plan. I'm doing plan #2 and the lunch time salad is getting old already... and it's only day 2!!!
  • Tere07
    Tere07 Posts: 46
    Options
    Slim In 6 is a six weeks program to help you lose weight and tone at the same time. There are 3 phases into the program...Start It Up (SIU), Ramp It Up (RIU), and Burn It Up (BIU) and there are also other wo DVD in it as well like the Slim In Limber and Six Pack Abs which you use a couple of time a week. The program incorporates cardio, strength training and abs as well as light stretch in the end all in 1 work out.

This is what the calendar would look like:

SIU- use for about 2 days, others do it for 1 week. Or when you feel you mastered the moves and ready to move up to the next which is RIU.
    RIU- use for the next 2 weeks then move on to:
    BIU- The last 4 weeks.

You work out 6 days a week for 6 weeks. The program works, and eating is a key here as well.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions.
  • Tere07
    Options
    SI6 is a program by Beach Body called "Slim in 6".

I just bought this and started the program yesterday. I didn't do the two-day fast... do you think that will make a big difference?

I'm not sure what to expect for results. I've heard really good things about the program. Worst thing I've heard about it is that it's a little boring, but from what I can it's no more boring than any other exercise DVD. :laugh: And every post I have read (not exclusive to this site even) have all said the program works, so I'm committed to it and hoping that holds true for me!

The only thing I'm concerned about is making it through the first six days on the express diet plan. I'm doing plan #2 and the lunch time salad is getting old already... and it's only day 2!!!

The fast is normally a way to just clean out or systems and normally we lose water weight to feel less bloated. I used the 2 day fast from BB before and couldn't really take it...I had terrible headaches that afternoon. I am revising my fast with protein powder and ice water. Almost similar in nutritional content so, with this, I am able to handle the shake better. You will lose a few lbs and the next day after the fast, your stomach has shrinked and will have to eat a small meal the next day so to not upset it. Normally, if the eating is clean, you can maintain those few lbs lost. I will let you know how mine goes this tie around.:wink:

SI6 is an awsome fat blaster and toner at the same time. IT DOES WORK!!! I know for a fact bec. I lost 10 lbs before with it, but then again, never continued on the journey to a better me. Needless to say, I gained the weight back but not all. That's why I am here trying to start it again. YES, the program will get boring bec of the same wo you are playing everyday for 6 days a week. I do have tricks for that though...I play my DVD on my laptop, then, I watch my recorded shows while I do my wo. The time goes by fast and don't really notice the repetitiveness of the wo.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, you can send me a message.

KPP!!! (KEEP Pushing Play):happy:

Tere
  • Tere07
    Options
    Awesome!!! You are definitely an encouragement to stay consistent and finish what you start!! Thanks for sharing!!

Thank you! You're Welcome! :happy:
  • McLachfan
    Options
    Tere07... thanks for the info. FYI - I sent you an email via this site.
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    WTG, Tere!
    Love SI6!
  • Tere07
    Options
    Good Morning! Day 2 of my fast and I am feeling good. The only thing I noticed is that I was sleepy by the afternoon. I had to eat 1/2 of an apple though bec. I was afraid I would get those pounding headache. So far, so good.:happy: I did experience some elimination (sorry if it gross you out..hehe)which I was happy bec my tummy was more at peace I should say.:tongue:

Can't wait to get my wo started! I will also do another round of Chalean Extreme(CE) after BIU.

Tere
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    sounds like you are in a good place, girl!
    Awesome!
    Lot's of love
    :smooched:
  • McLachfan
    Options
    Awesome! WTG!

I completed day 2 yesterday of the SI6 program. I was really sore from the squats I did on day 1, but I still muttled through. I did the SIU yesterday morning and then instead of going to the gym for my cardio and strength training in the afternoon, I played the Wii Fit for a little over an hour. That hoola hoop thing is a good workout! I also did some strength training.

This morning I did RIU for the first time. It wasn't too bad, but definitely a little faster paced... I had a good sweat going and my HR was around 150 much of the time.

As of this morning I have lost 4 pounds already. I know you're not supposed to weigh yourself every day, but I couldn't help myself. :blushing:

All in all, I'm pretty pleased so far. Toughest part is eating these damn salads EVERY SINGLE DAY for lunch! I need some variety! But I just keep tellin myself it's just for four more days and then I can eat other things again. Ugh. :sad:
  • wwalke02
    wwalke02 Posts: 61
    Options
    I did SIU for 1 week and now I am on day 2 of RIU. I like it so far. But, I was disappointed b/c last week I only lost 1 lb. I have heard great things about this program so I am anxious to see what happens over the next few weeks. Good luck to everyone!
  • Tere07
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    Awesome! WTG!

I completed day 2 yesterday of the SI6 program. I was really sore from the squats I did on day 1, but I still muttled through. I did the SIU yesterday morning and then instead of going to the gym for my cardio and strength training in the afternoon, I played the Wii Fit for a little over an hour. That hoola hoop thing is a good workout! I also did some strength training.

This morning I did RIU for the first time. It wasn't too bad, but definitely a little faster paced... I had a good sweat going and my HR was around 150 much of the time.

As of this morning I have lost 4 pounds already. I know you're not supposed to weigh yourself every day, but I couldn't help myself. :blushing:

All in all, I'm pretty pleased so far. Toughest part is eating these damn salads EVERY SINGLE DAY for lunch! I need some variety! But I just keep tellin myself it's just for four more days and then I can eat other things again. Ugh. :sad:

I replied on to your other thread about what to eat instead of the salad. I hear ya on that. But, you are doing AWSOME!!!! Keep it up, you are making me want to jump on the wo today...but will wait. I am also interested in doing the 6 day xpress maybe next week as well.

KPP!!!
  • Tere07
    Options
    I did SIU for 1 week and now I am on day 2 of RIU. I like it so far. But, I was disappointed b/c last week I only lost 1 lb. I have heard great things about this program so I am anxious to see what happens over the next few weeks. Good luck to everyone!

Hi! Glad you dropped by and 1 lbs loss is GREAT! We are all different, some will gain a few lbs and then start losing the weight within the middle stage of the program. I did this before and lost the weight at the end. But, to be real honest, I wasn't eating right and clean. This time, I will bec I know that it does wonders. Oh, also, stay away from the scale. I totally just abandoned it for now..hehe:happy:

So, don't forget to drink lots of water, eat right and KPP!

Tere
  • McLachfan
    Options
    Thanks T! Yes, I saw the other post. You are so responsive... I love it! THANK YOU! I did "bend" the rules for lunch a little bit today. I stuck with the chicken for protein, but I did a spinach salad with a few mandarin oranges and chopped walnuts and a honey dressing (that I think was mixed with oil or vinegar or both). And I only did 3/4 cup of the salad since the cafe at work mixed it and I didn't want to veer too far off of the plan. I just needed something different for my tastebuds or I was going to scream!!! I think I may try your protein shake fast during the last two days of week 3. We'll see how it goes.

So you're done with your fast after today, right? Will you be starting the workouts tomorrow or are you going to wait to start it on Monday?

-M
  • Tere07
    Options
    :cry:
    Thanks T! Yes, I saw the other post. You are so responsive... I love it! THANK YOU! I did "bend" the rules for lunch a little bit today. I stuck with the chicken for protein, but I did a spinach salad with a few mandarin oranges and chopped walnuts and a honey dressing (that I think was mixed with oil or vinegar or both). And I only did 3/4 cup of the salad since the cafe at work mixed it and I didn't want to veer too far off of the plan. I just needed something different for my tastebuds or I was going to scream!!! I think I may try your protein shake fast during the last two days of week 3. We'll see how it goes.

So you're done with your fast after today, right? Will you be starting the workouts tomorrow or are you going to wait to start it on Monday?

-M

M~
    Hey...I had to laugh at your comments when you said you wanted to scream bec of the same food you eat.:happy: Yes, I will be done with my fast today and I don't really like it to be honest.:ohwell: I kept using the Restroom. I think I am a bit dehydrated now..LOL! I will jump on my wo tomorrow and I will then figure out how to work around those floor leg lifts. It is just hurting my right knee. I could do the squats and other wo...it's just that particular wo when you are on all fours. I will let you know how it goes.

Oh, I think I am having a slight headache as well. Bummer!
  • McLachfan
    Options
    T - :bigsmile:
    Today is the first day that I did the strength training portion of the RIU video. (I've been weights at the gym every other day this week.) O.... M.... G!!!!! I had to take a few breaks to say the least! Those leg lifts are KILLER!!!:noway: :noway: :noway:
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Debbie is brilliant at slimming down legs!
  • aprilm_1983
    aprilm_1983 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Am I supposed to do a fast before starting my SLIM IN 6 video?
    I didn't, and I started them last week. I'm ready to go to the "ramp it up" 45 minute phase but i wasn't sure when I should do that?
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Am I supposed to do a fast before starting my SLIM IN 6 video?
    I didn't, and I started them last week. I'm ready to go to the "ramp it up" 45 minute phase but i wasn't sure when I should do that?

April - switch to Ramp as soon as you feel Start it up is easy for you!
    SIU+RIU should not take you more than 2 weeks.

hope this helps!