bored on friday night club!

Options
Melroxsox
Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
exactly what it says! let's start a bored on friday night club! my hubster works 2nd shift and I own my own salon so I work 1st....needless to say friday nights are insanely boring for myself! lol ill start this out with a controversial topic.....do you think bariatric surgery is the easy way out?

Replies

• mandy_lynn
    mandy_lynn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My husband is out of town fishing and my oldest is sick. I'm homebound too!

As for the bariatric surgery, my opinion varies on the amount of effort a person has put into trying to lose in a healthy manner and their ability to commit to such a huge lifestyle change.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I'll be working overnight
  • RacheyBaby1985
    RacheyBaby1985 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My son is in bed an my husband is in his study working. I'm bored in the longe tryin to find something on tv worth watching with no luck. Wondering what cocktail to make for myself
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My hubs works 2nd shift too. I am watching Monster High with my daughter contemplating eating a sweet potato waiting for the tornado's and severe weather to get here!

Im not gonna touch the subject of surgery.
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    My husband is out of town fishing and my oldest is sick. I'm homebound too!

As for the bariatric surgery, my opinion varies on the amount of effort a person has put into trying to lose in a healthy manner and their ability to commit to such a huge lifestyle change.
    yes I agree. if they've tried hard for a few months with no results or very few, then I would say the qualify.... I had this friend that never even tried....she would complain and moan about her weight constantly, but would in turn eat mcdonalds and burgur king on weekdays w/ the excuse of: im too busy w/ work and kids to be able to cook. then she got so heavy( I think on purpose.....no proof, just know her very well) that she applied for surgery and got approved right away.....it sickened me because I had been trying to get her to come along with me on walks and workouts for years!!! never once did she even try!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Yes. It is.

Everyone can lose weight w/ out surgery.
  • emmabrackpool
    emmabrackpool Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'd say surgery is the easy way out yes but if I could afford it I'd have it done tomorrow!
  • mandy_lynn
    mandy_lynn Posts: 165 Member
    Options

I'm not sure I could ever work that shift!
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options

I actually do it by choice. LOL the other officers think I'm nuts
  • Melroxsox
    Options

I could do it, but def. not by choice!!! im such a morning person! lol!
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    I have no excuse. I just basically suck at life and don't have one =) Whoop to boring friday nights.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    My fiance's at his son's hockey try outs, and I'm home with the pets. Only plan is to take my puppy out for a walk in a half hour...
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have no excuse. I just basically suck at life and don't have one =) Whoop to boring friday nights.

Finally, my long lost soulmate ;)
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    well at least there's a few of us bored on a friday night! friday the 13th no less!
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options

It would never workout.. Peanutbutter is NOT your friend. I absolutely LOVE peanutbutter..
  • Melroxsox
    Options

It would never workout.. Peanutbutter is NOT your friend. I absolutely LOVE peanutbutter..
    mmmmmmm peanutbutter!!! ........
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options

My husband also works 3rd...7p to 7a from Thursday to Sunday...and does it by choice (but he's an RN, not a officer).

Oh, and WLS surgery should be a LAST option. VERY LAST.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    My baby's sleeping... don't have a man. Bored out of my mind. Where better to spend my time than with other awesome MFP peeps :)
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options

But really, it could! If I was stranded on a desert island (with you of course) with only one food, it would absolutely have to be PB. You would have to wrestle me for the spoon, but don't worry, I'd let you win (occasionally) :)
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    sorry I was not here last friday.... I was for once, BUSY on a friday night...lol actually the whole weekend....but sadly im back to my usual friday night boredom...and the worst part about it is that I started atkins induction. phase one this week, our town/city has a burn ban going on (so no bonfire), and hubster is working a 9 hr day, so an extra hour of boredom....lol yeah....sad right?