STILL HUNGRY!

Options
2»

Replies

• Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I think your meals look pretty good, but low in fiber. Try replacing your Cheerios with a High Fiber Cereal. I really like Fiber One Honey Clusters.

Also, if you are truly that hungry, try boosting your breakfast calories with more protein, and end your day with a good protein snack. If I ate Cheerios at the end of the day, I would be hungry before midnight.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I think your meals look pretty good, but low in fiber. Try replacing your Cheerios with a High Fiber Cereal. I really like Fiber One Honey Clusters.

A bowl of Fiber One Huney Clusters must be the closest thing to heaven in a basket :laugh:.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I just 'bumped' an article on eating your calories...please check it out, it's very informative.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    don't give up your cheerios, you truly love them, and it's about enjoying your food, not substituting for something that isn't nearly as enjoyable.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Also, make sure you're eating every 2-3 hours, either a small meal or a snack, to keep your metabolism up. Make sure there's a protein and fiber in there to make you feel fuller longer. As you detox your body, you will have cravings, not feel so great, but that will go away. Usually in a few days. If you're always hungry - eat. Carrots, celery, stuff that takes more calories to digest than it contains... go ahead and munch away!

Dont' set your numbers too low, so if you've set your sights on 2 pounds per week and have 1000 calorie deficit and you're starving, then set it to 1.5 or 1 pound per week. A few hundred more calories a day might really be all your body wants, as long as it's healthy fuel.

Make sure that you are not confusing actual hunger with habit. That takes longer to determine, it took me 2-3 months to figure that one out. So if you always feel "hungry" sitting in front of the computer or the tv - stop sitting in front of the computer or tv and do something else. My vice is the tv, so I have severely limited my watching of it, and discovered that (a) I don't miss it and (b) I only watch the shows I actually like now, since we have Tivo and (c) I'm not hungry as frequently as i used to be.

It takes time for your body to adjust, a good 4-6 weeks. Just don't go over your maintenance calories in the beginning, work your way down to less calories, and take it step by step.
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    Ive been doing this for a while. This has started in the last 2 days. Ive been working out 3 times a day for the past 2 days and im starving because of that.

Just a little freaked out about all the extra exercise calories and wanted some ideas for filling foods.
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Try Oatmeal with fruit in it for a snack or for breakfast

Are you into protein shakes. I normally have one in the am and after a workout. I find it helps.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing this for a while. This has started in the last 2 days. Ive been working out 3 times a day for the past 2 days and im starving because of that.

Just a little freaked out about all the extra exercise calories and wanted some ideas for filling foods.

Ah, a fresh bout of hunger is a good sign that your metabolism is improving. Eat up those exercise calories!
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Funny, this morning on the radio they were talking about the top 10 appetite supressants. Here is the link to the article they referenced.
    http://ca.askmen.com/top_10/fitness/top-10-appetite-suppressants.html\\

Also make sure you have a protein and carb snack within a half hour after working out. Your body is looking for that refuel in the recovery stage and it really makes a difference to both your energy level and appetite in the long run.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    have you tried the 3 meals + 1 snack so you can pack more food into your meals?
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    I do 3 meals + 2 snacks
    didn't do my evening walk last night and :explode: Im fine today!

I may have been overdoing it. 3 times a day is alot of exercise!
  • embury
    embury Posts: 2
    Options
    i'm finding i am trying to avoid eating those exercise calories..or at least all of them...this is not a good idea?? i could certainly eat them up225728.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Isaacsmama
    Isaacsmama Posts: 43
    Options

A bowl of Fiber One Huney Clusters must be the closest thing to heaven in a basket :laugh:.

You guys rock. That is my thought exactly. I just recently tried the stuff, and was surprised at how good it was. And it really does fill you up. I also absolutely love the Strawberry and Almond fiber bars too. They are the best Ive tried and they taste amazing!
  • rbeglen
    rbeglen Posts: 37
    Options
    You are not eating enough food. This is why you're hungry. How many calories is that breakfast? Eating about 1500 to 1800 calories a day is fine for you. You can even eat 2000 if you like. What is more important is what you are eating. Eating healthy foods and making sure that you are getting enough carbohydrates and protein is key. Also watch your sodium and cholesterol intake. Exercise at least four times per week, with walking being the primary physical activity. I am sure you will be fine. And by the way those fiber one oat bars are great for snacks!
  • TheJackyl
    TheJackyl Posts: 88
    Options
    I do 3 meals + 2 snacks
    didn't do my evening walk last night and :explode: Im fine today!

I may have been overdoing it. 3 times a day is alot of exercise!

Pushing yourself too hard could be the most simple answer. I was doing the same and it's hard to stop when you're seeing results quickly. After two weeks of really pushing I saw great results, I also was done for energy for the day after leaving the gym ( and sometimes before that). I lsitened to my body and took a number of days off from the gym, the energy returned and I also saw major improvements physically by letting my body some time to fully recover.