the biscuits tins shouting me!

Options
i can here it all the way from my bedroom its killing me i just want to go and eat the whole tin!!!!!! ive been fighting it for 3 hours now...............how the hell do you resist food thats shouting at you!

Replies

• smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    throw it away....give it away... take it into work and let your co-workers haveit .... feed to to your spouse, friends,kids,neighbors. or dog just get it as far away from you as possible
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    By allowing yourself the odd biscuit, then you don't end up obsessing about the thing you aren't allowing yourself?
    That is my theory anyway. I would binge, if I totally banned chocolate etc from my home. Just ended up buying in a load and eating a load. Now, I get in a selection of expensive chocolates, and try a few each evening, safe in the knowledge that there are plenty more days to try the rest. They aren't going anywhere. Alternative is to simply ban biscuits and all the binge foods from the home, but this, imo, doesn't tackle the issue of why you are binge eating, it is simply running away from it. But that is my personal stance on it, and I speak as someone who has had some horrible binges on biscuits, ice cream and chocolate quite recently, at times when I had stopped allowing them around.
  • staceydeelane
    Options
    haha they are the kids biscuits but its midnight in england so nobodys awake to to eat them for me.....................might go and wake the dog up lol
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    go for a walk
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Go and get a piece of fruit or yoghurt or something instead, or make yourself a hot chocolate and take just 1 biscuit and get out of the kitchen lol.
  • vicky1966
    vicky1966 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    have a couple ... depriving yourself won't help! everything is ok as long as it's in moderation...
  • mcwooty
    mcwooty Posts: 5
    Options
    Brush your teeth.

Count down from your current weight to your goal weight.

Eat one. Track it, log it then go for a walk.

That is what I try to do.
  • sollyn
    sollyn Posts: 179
    Options
    Oh that is nothing! The easter egg stash called me today and I succumbed! I have had to log extra cals and had no time to exercise either and to add to the problem I had lots of people for tea and they all demanded a micro sponge and custard for afters as well! I have totally blown my calories for the day! LOL But tomorrow I will be back in control!
  • amyreafleng
    amyreafleng Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Its not like you are going to go the rest of your life without having one....so eat one...add it to your diary. I think by depriving yourself of something you like...it will just lead to binge eating...
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I agree! When I set up my MFP account i told myself i would not deny myself anything i didn't want i just need to wrk it into my diary. That doesn't mean i'll eat crisps and chocolate everyday but one a week to have a bar of chocolate is fine you know? Have a biscuit but have one or two if you are in your cal limit
  • MinkyMoo13
    Options
    Brush your teeth.

Count down from your current weight to your goal weight.

Eat one. Track it, log it then go for a walk.

That is what I try to do.

I would say that is the best advice on this thread!
  • MinkyMoo13
    Options
    AND.. it's a fresh day here in the UK so you got all new cals you can burn it off later running around after the kids!