Uh oh... Wingfest!

blackbeltfairy
blackbeltfairy Posts: 66
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm going to a Wingfest in my city this weekend purely for the live entertainment. I'm going with a few guy friends of mine, and I KNOW they'll be pressuring me into drinking some delicious beer and eating too much!

Help!

Replies

• molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    I'm going to a Wingfest in my city this weekend purely for the live entertainment. I'm going with a few guy friends of mine, and I KNOW they'll be pressuring me into drinking some delicious beer and eating too much!

Help!

Don't do the wings, they are stupid crazy in calories and fat, don't know what to tell you, but don't eat the wings! :laugh: it would be different if like one wing could fill you up! :laugh:, maybe this is a good test of your self control, challenge yourself, see if you can NOT eat the wings/ drink more then 1-2 beers...maybe you'll surprise yourself :wink:
  • Birdgirl
    Birdgirl Posts: 6 Member
    I would eat before I go - then say you're not hungry. I think if you drink one beer you'll be okay, just nurse it!!!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Work out ahead of time. Eat something good for you before you go, something high protein/high fiber so you'll feel full. Drink LOTS of water. Know ahead of time how many wings and beers you can have and stay under your maintenance level calories - then go for it!
  • jaxterbom
    jaxterbom Posts: 73
    Say "NO!" :angry: to Wingfest and then become a hermit until you reach goal weight. It's the only way.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Say "NO!" :angry: to Wingfest and then become a hermit until you reach goal weight. It's the only way.

LOL love it! :laugh:
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    MMMMMMMMMMMMM WINGS YUMMY!
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    We just had Ribfest here this last weekend. I stayed away from the beer, cheese curds, deep fried smores, oreos, twinkies and on and on... I did have 3 bones of ribs though. I stayed in my calories and drank lots of water while I was there. It was a MUCH better experience then years past. You can do it!! Eat before you go and have a beer. One beer won't kill ya. :wink:
  • Wings are fine if they are bbq or cooked on the Foreman Grill with Frank's Hot sauce which is basically cayenne pepper and vinagar but NASTY when deepfried. Maybe, just maybe, seeing as the event is called Wingfest they might have alternative cooking methods? You could always ask? If deep fried, STAY AWAY!!
  • Say "NO!" :angry: to Wingfest and then become a hermit until you reach goal weight. It's the only way.

LOL love it! :laugh:

Hahah I've pretty much given up on drinking for this next month, he's right :(
This discussion has been closed.