Engine 2

Options
Has anyone read this book? I decided to read it after I watched Forks over Knives and am on day 5 of the 28 day challenge. I am feeling pretty good. I did a search for this topic and the most recent one was 5 months ago and I am curious if anyone followed through.

I am not approaching this as a fad diet, but a real lifestyle change. DH and I have been watching documentaries like crazy and over the last year I had already pretty much given up meat except for the occasional bacon. We are in the process of watching "earthlings" and it is by far the hardest one to watch and we have had to stop and take a break from it but it has made it that much easier to not eat animal products.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone was doing this, has done it etc. Would love to talk to those who are in on it.

Replies

• candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,976 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. I just wonder why you are eating a rose?
  • candycaneps
    Options
    hahaha. You are not the only person to comment on that. It's just a silly picture. I don't know if I am allowed to link the Engine 2 site here, but I do suggest you watch Forks Over Knives. It's available on netflix streaming if you have it.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I found Engine 2 recipes to contain a lot of soy meat analogues, refined grains, etc. But a good transitional book for newbies.
  • candycaneps
    Options
    What do you mean when say newbies?
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Someone who doesn't already have established vegetarian eating habits. Someone who is just learning to eat vegetarian instead of omni. It is particularly targeted at men.

What do you mean when say newbies?
  • pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Our family watched Forks Over Knives last fall. As of December 2011, we changed to plant-strong eating altogether, the kids included. This weekend we have been visiting with family who have also transitioned thanks to FoK and they have been cooking from the Engine 2 book, which I don't own yet. Every recipe so far has been AMAZING, DELICIOUS, and WONDERFUL.

We've been enjoying converting to plant-strong eating & encourage you to keep up the good work! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. :happy:

Herbivores unite! :flowerforyou:
  • mokpochica
    mokpochica Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to start the engine 2 diet this weekend after I get done with school and have my summer vacation. I've done a few days recently and I felt really great. I have the Engine 2 book and Forks over knives checked out from the library right now and will buy them if they have a lot of good recipes. I did think that the Engine 2 book had a lot of soy meat analogues and processed foods, but it is good for getting started. I plan on making most of my foods though and eating organic as much as possible.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    There is an Engine 2 special on Netflx streaming too :)
  • Stpjudge
    Stpjudge Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to start the engine 2 diet this weekend after I get done with school and have my summer vacation. I've done a few days recently and I felt really great. I have the Engine 2 book and Forks over knives checked out from the library right now and will buy them if they have a lot of good recipes. I did think that the Engine 2 book had a lot of soy meat analogues and processed foods, but it is good for getting started. I plan on making most of my foods though and eating organic as much as possible.

I am starting the Engine 2 diet on Monday. I watched Forks Over Knives about 3 weeks ago and have been slowly modifying my eating habits -- on Monday I am taking the full plunge.
  • kdlfit
    kdlfit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Never heard of Engine 2 before, but I have been eating Vegan since March of 2011. Never felt better. I'm almost 53 years old and in the best shape of my life. My goal is to build muscle and burn of the last bit of fat. My hubby became a believer after watching Forks over Knives which I'm so grateful for. He's not 100%, but close enough to it that his cholesterol came down to normal level. His doctor was stunned! I'm a firm believer of the vegan lifestyle. My energy is through the roof!