portable, non-micro lunch ideas, pls/thx

Options
rbbrrmqn
rbbrrmqn Posts: 132 Member
OK, so I have to /get to start my long days @ the Y. I pls need good lunch and snack ideas. I have an insulated lunch bag but no micro access there. Thx in advance!!

Replies

• rbbrrmqn
    rbbrrmqn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump---thx
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    If you take a look at my food diary, I usually eat a PBJ for lunch. Snack in afternoon is some sort of fruit - apple or orange. You could also take hard boiled eggs - they'll keep just fine for 12 hours unrefrigerated - for protein and then have a piece of bread with jam.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Go to a restaurant supply store and buy two ounce souffle cups...... I use them for salad dressings, mustard for sandwiches, raisins, nuts etc... Perfect portion... They stack nicely too... I carry small amounts of items to stuff in wraps as well.... They have lots of sealable containers that if you make lunch the night before and refrigerate it overnight in the insulated bag it should keep cold till lunch...
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I make myself really awesome salads that I just pack in a tupperware. As long as you pack your dressing in a separate small tupperware it won't get soggy. This week I did one that was, with dressing, under 200 cals: 2 cups 1/2 baby spinach 1/2 spring mix, 1 small sliced cooked beet, 1/2 of a sliced tomato, 1 oz. fat free feta, 5 sliced greek kalamata olives, and 3 tbsp fat free greek dressing. SO good. Snack wise, some easy things I've been into recently are apple slices dipped in peanut butter (get the little individual sized peanut butter cups) or 100 calorie packs of cinnamon roasted almonds. Sweet and tasty, and an energy boost!
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    I love a veggie sandwich! I mush up some avacado and spread it on one side of the sandwich (it makes the sandwich taste and feel like its got lots of sauce on it) and put light mayo on the other side, then for filler I use sliced tomato, cucumber and a piece of extra thin sliced cheese or a few strips of low fat cheddar, mmm! Whole wheat wraps with veggies and a bit of light salad dressing are great too!