to save or not to save

Options
Does it work to save up calories through the week if I know I will be going to say a wedding, where I will be eating food that I shouldn't and drinking a little. I have been eating too few calories and I am worried about putting my body in starvation mode and slowing metabolism. Any thoughts?

Replies

• ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    No... your calories are for that day and that day only. There's no such thing as saving them up! Your body will not know that you saving them for later! Sorry to disappoint!!!

For the wedding just allow yourself a little and don't over do it, or hit the gym early so you can have a few extra calories for the day!!!

Hope that helps!!! Good Luck!!!

Brandy

11440.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    9 times out of 10 shaving doesn't put a dent in what you consume if you are really are going to pack it in. I usually just use the day as a maintenance day maybe saving some the day before and after.
  • katemadrigal
    Options
    I agree with the other posts. Weight Watchers does this approach and it never worked for me. I think because I was eating too little the days I was "banking" the extra cals, it was forcing my body to go into starvation mode.

I would agree that an early gym visit is probably best. Start the day out on the right foot with a healthy breakfast and snack before the service, and then enjoy yourself in moderation at the reception.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I would treat the wedding like a night at the restaurant... just make the best choices you can with what you have available to you.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I will say one thing about this, it takes a 3500 calorie deficit to lose 1 pound. I keep track during the day, but I also total for the week. I don't bank them but I can tell by my numbers (usually) if I will lose or not. (maybe that was more than one thing I said :bigsmile: )
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Big thing to remember is that when you give your body more caleries then it needs it saves them as Fat. When trying to lose your body as part of survival does what it can to hold on to all the food stores it has. So you can go low all week and maybe lose 2 lbs but then at the wedding if you overeat your body will keep it, until you lose it.