The Mule Made Me Do It! 40lbs down, 40lbs to go (pics)

Options

Replies

• Luckybarc
    Luckybarc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing you story - good job on your weight loss :)
  • lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love this story! It shows that one of the best ways to motivate yourself is to do it for selfless reasons--you didn't want to hurt your beloved companion. Congratulations on the great progress.
  • FeelingFroggy13
    FeelingFroggy13 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! Since this post, I have now gotten to my 50lb lost as of today!!! I will add some new photos tonight or tomorrow...but right now, I think my son and I might go out and saddle up the mules :) I am 12lbs away from 200lbs, which is the weight limit for the Canyon ride. Today, I watched a video about the canyon rides and it hit me just how close I am getting. I have to admit, I cried for joy.
  • skinnyskittles
    Options
    So awesome well-frikin-done!!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I grew up with horses, and one of my motivations is to ride again and maybe work with them if I can manage it somehow. (Depends on how nice my spine wants to be to me once I'm thin and in shape).

I haven't been around mules much, but they're half horse, and that's good enough for me.
  • FeelingFroggy13
    Options
    Well darn...I was all proud of myself when I made my original post. I read through the photo tutorial and posted the photos the way I was supposed to. However, I can not for the life of me figure out how to go back in and edit my original post so I can update it. Is there a way to do that? I would rather not create yet another thread just for myself! If there are written directions for how to do that already, could someone point me in the right direction?!
  • Clarisse0304
    Clarisse0304 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awesome story, I don't have any horses or mules but I love animals and your story was very touching. Its awesome to hear that Marshall has such a great partner, definetly sending tons of well wishes for you and Marshall on your weight loss journey.
  • GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Options
    What a great mule we hardly have any of them in the uk it is lovely to see one :). Congrats on your loss, I thought my horse would appriciate it if I was lighter but after he rodeoed me off in high sprits I think he can carry me very well!!
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! Since this post, I have now gotten to my 50lb lost as of today!!! I will add some new photos tonight or tomorrow...but right now, I think my son and I might go out and saddle up the mules :) I am 12lbs away from 200lbs, which is the weight limit for the Canyon ride. Today, I watched a video about the canyon rides and it hit me just how close I am getting. I have to admit, I cried for joy.
    Go, you!!! What a treat - I can't imagine a mule ride into the Canyon. That must be incredible! You MUST post after you visit...pretty please! And Marshall, all shed out, looks fabulous. He was one fuzzy fella in the first couple pix. :laugh:
  • hellokitty41489
    Options
    This was I think the sweetest story I have ever read on MFP :)
  • tessaeve
    tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and getting back in the saddle. I am losing to ride too. Got a smaller horse. 14-3 hands that I just love and really want to lighten his load. After losing 30 lbs. I can get on from the ground once again. Sent you a friend request, we trail ride also, (horses not mules) so maybe we'll meet up on the trail. Great story and beautiful mule!
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely awesome chica! I love burros too lol Love love love your story cupcake!
  • InfiniteJourney
    Options
    I must say that your story is so inspiring. You and I weighed the same[262] (I always find people that are much smaller that lose the weight), and I figure, if you can do it, so can I. I'd like to know if you added exercise or did you simply do it by riding and eating healthy, please advise? Great job by the way:)
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Well done you look fantastic :-)
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Love your story!!! :) Congrats on your weight loss journey! and I bet Marshall is riding a little easier today too :) You rock!!!
  • kajpen
    kajpen Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This story is very awesome and inspiring! Congratulations to you!!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Good job!
    I don't know much about mules, but he's a handsome animal I do say. :smile:
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Marshall is gorgeous xD this post made me miss riding - good on you lady, well done! Keep it up, Marshall will be happier and happier :-D

And I must say, I never realised mules were such large animals!
  • mayintexas
    mayintexas Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Amazing story. Congrats on your wt loss. Love your mule...he also looks happier in the more recent photos :smile:
  • FeelingFroggy13
    Options
    I am so overwhelmed by the encouragement from everyone! I have so far to go...but I am so much closer than I was a little over a year ago. Although my reasons and my story might be a bit different, the battle we all go through is the same. I can't tell you how much I appreciate those of you that have shared your ups and downs on this forum and through messages.

Since I titled this thread with '40 lbs down..." and then later realized that I couldn't go back and add to my original post as I continue working towards my goals...I figured I would start a new thread, and then just post updates in posts as I go along...if you would like to see more updated info on Marshall and 'lightened load', you can find that thread here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/638214-the-mule-made-me-do-it-updated-post

Thanks again for reading! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!