Recovering Anorexic

Options
I've realized in the past few weeks that it's incredibly hard, as a recovering anorexic, to lose weight.
I always want to just stop eating and over exercise to drop as many pounds as possible in a week.
The past few days I've actually dropped to 500 calories a day, and I would burn off 600.

Now I'm using this on here to help me recover a little more permanently. I'm slowly increasing my calories so I don't just gain 30 pounds, but I'm also learning that I can lose weight still at above 500 calories.

I'm just sooo scared I'm going to gain weight back fast. I need to stay 118 or lower for another 2 weeks or my dress won't fit for when I need it.
What should I do?

Replies

• nyxt
    nyxt Posts: 60
    Options
    Maybe you can try to still keep it at 500 but don't try to burn it off. Then gradually increase your calorie intake and start trying to burn the calories off and increase gradually. That way, you won't feel the guilt for eating more than 500 calories. Then maybe you could stick to a calorie goal of 1200 when you're comfortable with it already and pair it up with moderate exercise. (:
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Well done on making the decision to recover!!
    The main thing is to increase your calories gradually until you are at a healthy level, say if you are at 500 now, next week eat 600, then 700 etc until you reach a healthy level of at least 1200 net. Maybe 1 week increase your food an the next week decrease your exercise x
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I've realized in the past few weeks that it's incredibly hard, as a recovering anorexic, to lose weight.
    I always want to just stop eating and over exercise to drop as many pounds as possible in a week.
    The past few days I've actually dropped to 500 calories a day, and I would burn off 600.

Now I'm using this on here to help me recover a little more permanently. I'm slowly increasing my calories so I don't just gain 30 pounds, but I'm also learning that I can lose weight still at above 500 calories.

I'm just sooo scared I'm going to gain weight back fast. I need to stay 118 or lower for another 2 weeks or my dress won't fit for when I need it.
    What should I do?
    Hmm this post has confused me. Are you recovered or in recovery? I'm in recovery from anorexia too and I know how difficult it is, but I also know why I need to recover.
    I'm trying to gain and it has been really hard because I either lose or gain a pound but nothing ever stayed on until now.
    I'm still in the beginning of this journey but I never thought I would ever come to this place. I was thinking alot about this last week, everything has changed so much.
    Slowly try and up your calories, little by little. It's hard, I spent most nights crying about how much I'd eaten or what I'd eaten, even through recovery because it was scary but you can get there. If you can't up your calories by 100 calories at a time, try 50 or even 25, anything's a start. I can't deal with change very well so doing this really helped me. Now I'm at 2,000 calories a day, next is 2,500, it is possible. You can get better, I promise. It just takes time and dedication.
    I have to ask, why are you trying to lose weight? This could be the anorexia talking. If you want to talk privately or would like support, feel free to add me. Believe in yourself, nothing is ever impossible. You can overcome this xxx
  • EmCeeKayla
    EmCeeKayla Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Okay yeah I need to clear this up a tiny bit

2 years ago I was admitted to the hospital at 104.6 pounds even though I wasn't underweight yet.
    I was doing fine for quite a while with moments where I wanted to stop eating again. Earlier this year I found myself getting towards the 130 range. 136 is overweight for my height and my recovering mind didn't like that.

It finally hit me when I put on my prom dress for senior prom. It doesn't fit. I dropped from like 129 about 2 weeks ago to 118.
    My boyfriend and I both know this is unhealthy. I'd honestly like to get to 110 and just stay there.

I think the biggest trigger though is when someone doesn't know I've been in a hospital before and they tell me I'm not skinny enough to be anorexic.

But yeah I think I'm going to try increasing things week by week.