i have noticed....

Options
That's since I have been eating healthier and exercise my skin has become spotty, especially around my chin!?! Anyone know the reason why?

Replies

• nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    I had the same thing when I started eating healthily and exercising more and drinking tons of water. I don't know the reason why but I guessed it was my body's way of 'clearing away' all of the bad stuff from my skin (if that makes any sense!). I have also found that when I exercise a lot, my skin on my face stings!! Very random but I suppose it's all connected? Maybe the spots will settle down when your body gets used to the changes that you have made! Hope this kind of helps?!! :-D
  • katiej122
    katiej122 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I made a post about this not too long ago, I was freaking out because I was eating healthier than ever but my skin was terrible. Most of the responses I got suggested that it was the body releasing the toxins through the skin.
    That was a few weeks ago, my skins cleared up a lot now it just seemed to get better on its own, I think it is just a matter of it adjusting, I wouldnt worry too much :)
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Spots like pimples, or... colored spots? o_o. Or is it a texture difference?
  • KayLaul
    KayLaul Posts: 19
    Options
    Same here! Keep at it though, they do stop (eventually) - it took nearly 4 months for my skin to settle down, but it looks amazing now! I think with me it was because I went from eating no fruit to having my 5 a day; I've noticed in the past my skin reacts if I suddenly increase my fruit intake. Would love to know why - any thoughts, anyone?
  • chell1717
    Options
    I noticed the samething when i had started working out and eating better. But it has cleared up and is much better now. So dnt worry about it it will go away :)
  • joelleh26
    joelleh26 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Spots like pimples, or... colored spots? o_o. Or is it a texture difference?

Red spots and pimples :) im ment to be glowing with health lol
  • joelleh26
    Options
    Thanks everyone, its good to know im not alone!
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Now you say that, I've noticed the same thing! Seems a bit better this week so it makes sense that it was my body getting rid of all it's toxins, my skin is less dry as well : )
  • chelw727
    chelw727 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I do all of my cardio (running) outdoors, since I'm blessed to live right by the beach in Florida.... I notice the more I sweat, the more I break out on my face... Maybe you're sweating more??
  • joelleh26
    Options
    I do all of my cardio (running) outdoors, since I'm blessed to live right by the beach in Florida.... I notice the more I sweat, the more I break out on my face... Maybe you're sweating more??

That could be it, but its more round my chin than forehead... But it has improved a tiny bit... But still not a good look lol
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options

I do cardio before strength training. If my face is sweaty, I always rinse my face before proceeding to the second half of the workout.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

That could be it, but its more round my chin than forehead... But it has improved a tiny bit... But still not a good look lol

I'm sure it is sweat. Just make sure you wash your face after you work out. Maybe change up your face care routine. I personally love Neutrogena and it helped greatly with my acne (along with BC pills).

I've also noticed that when I restart working out I'll break out a little but my skin gets used to it after a couple weeks and it goes away.
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I find that when I lose weight it seems like I am constant PMS for weeks at a time. I theorize that because hormones are stored in fat cells, and you are calling upon those fat cells to release energy, you have more hormones in your blood stream.... that's my theory - i have no science to back it up.

So try a good skin care thing - I use proactive, moisturize and ask your doctor if it bothers you.
  • ChantelleFowler
    ChantelleFowler Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    SAME HERE! I have more pimples now, at 24, than I ever did during my teens. I just blame it on all the sweat I've been doing. I've started using Proactiv and when I am diligent with it, it helps.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Mine was doing that too! All red and bumpy around my chin and the sides of my mouth - I was wearing foundation to cover it up, which I never do. At first I thought it was my birth control pills, so I went off those. Then I tried tea tree oil, which did nothing. I finally found a product called Acnevir, and it's made the "acne" pretty much vanish. Thank goodness, I was getting really self conscious about it! I still don't know if it was the birth control or my clean eating that made me break out. Maybe both.