Quick breakfast ideas - which keep you full!

Options
2»

Replies

• madge59
    madge59 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    On Sunday, I make mini quiches and keep them in the fridge for the week's breakfasts. Just 1 min. or so in the micro heats them up for a protein filled breakfast that will keep you full.
    10 -oz frozen, chopped spinach - or chop up some fresh spinach
    3/4 cup cheese, shredded
    3/4 cup egg substitute
    1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
    1/4 cup finely diced onio
    3 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
    Mix all ingredients and pour into greased muffin cups. I use a large 6-cup muffin pan. Back at 350 for about 20 mins. These can be frozen also. You can also add or substitute different veggies for the ones listed. I usually add some salt, but the hot pepper sauce gives them a great flavor without adding "heat".

I don't have much time in the morning and these are great alone or along with a piece of whole-grain toast and some fruit.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Eggs
    Oatmeal w/peanut butter yummy
    cottage cheese w/bacon bits one of my favs
    bagel thins w/strawberry cream cheese
    protein shake

I always try to get a good shot of protein and some good carbs with fiber every morning. It gets me going and keeps me full till lunch.
  • supersandyshoes
    Options
    Thanks for all of these, a great deal of variety which gives me some varied options - thank you everyone!

I am going to try a mix of these for the next few weeks to see what works- and try to balance my protein intake a bit more as I am often short by the end of the day.

Love all of the egg recipes, smoothie ideas and oatmeal variations - thank you!
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with 1/2 a banana and a few strawberries always holds me off until lunch! :)
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon! I have a couple of tips for breakfast. Boil some eggs ahead of time. Peel them & store in fridge for several days. I don't like the yolk so I only eat the whites of 2 eggs. Also this may sound strange for breakfast but I boil some chicken breasts and eat a few ounces on several mornings a week. I seem to have trouble getting my protein in so this helps with that issue. Liquid egg whites are also available if you don't want to boil eggs.