A.C.E. pill- You still have to make the lifestyle change!

Options
-So, several ladies her in my area have started taking the A.C.E. pills. I have researched them myself, just curious what you all know or have to say!

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    A friend at work asked about them, said her lazy cousin took them and lost 56 pounds.
    Asked on here about a week ago, and the only people that took them said they didn't work.

Looking at the ingredient list a few look potentially harmful (they end in HCl) The rest have questionable effectiveness.

This is a photo of the ingredients from the website (loads slow for me =/)

ACEfacts.jpg
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My co-worker keeps complaining shes "fat". Shes a junk eating coke addict and claims that coffe is doing her in bc she never used to drink it before and ever since she started she gained weight. Shes 35, eats lunch out every day (fries supreme, tacos, harveys etc) and drinks coke... Every...single...day. She told me that she is now on a "diet", and she is going to buy "you know that drink that you mix it in your water and it makes you skinny?". I have no clue what shes talking about, i just rolled my eyes at her. Why is the quick fix what people believes will work?
  • DellG85
    DellG85 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    -So, several ladies her in my area have started taking the A.C.E. pills. I have researched them myself, just curious what you all know or have to say!
    I have tried many diet pils in the past, some which aren't even legal and I have to say, as a general rule, I think much of the effect of these so called weight loss pills are placebo, i.e. you tell yourself they are making a difference and therefore they do! But when you think about it, either way, you have to change up the way you eat and exercise in order to lose weight and if you're doing that anyway, you may as well do it the old fashioned, "boring" way and eat a balanced diet and exercise more, without using the pills. At least that way, you aren't subjecting your body to potentially harmful substances. No diet pill - no matter what they claim, will ever make you lose weight if you eat like a horse. So why bother? Make the commitment to yourself and get healthy properly. The results will be far more long-term and certainly much better for you x
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    It seems like you'd get most or all of the same things from eating a balanced diet/ taking a multivitamin and drinking a cup of coffee and a cup of green tea everyday. I guess you could add some dark chocolate too.
  • Nokarot
    Nokarot Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The following has nothing to do with the ACE pill, havent done my research on it, just replying to the below post.
    My co-worker keeps complaining shes "fat". Shes a junk eating coke addict and claims that coffe is doing her in bc she never used to drink it before and ever since she started she gained weight. Shes 35, eats lunch out every day (fries supreme, tacos, harveys etc) and drinks coke... Every...single...day. She told me that she is now on a "diet", and she is going to buy "you know that drink that you mix it in your water and it makes you skinny?". I have no clue what shes talking about, i just rolled my eyes at her. Why is the quick fix what people believes will work?

Denial is a pretty natural reaction, I guess. Many people (especially those with obese families) will think they've just inhereted "bad genes" and be in denial that there's contributing lifestyle changes. I used to be one of those people, until I started counting calories and did a little research.

Not saying this is what your co-worker is suffering from, but there's a lot of factors to people being ignorant than meets the eye. After all, these "get skinny quick" products are advertised in such a way to trick you that they're an easy solution, and people believe things they see on TV/etc. Lots of money has gone in to researching product advertising to exploit gullible minds.

This isn't an excuse, just something to consider. People believe what they believe because the unique experiences in their life led to those beliefs. Not everyone seems dumb because they're actually dumb, some just seem dumb because they were raised in a fashion that built insecurities, gullibility etc.
  • reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Ubiquitous mindset. I work with several ladies like this, one of them had a cancer scare and she STILL comes in every morning with McDonald's iced coffees/breakfasts. It makes me sad, I think you can encourage people you love to eat better (works better than negative reinforcement), but at the office, it's not really my place. Ha!