I over indulged while PMSing

Options
What do you girls do when this happens to you guys. I was doing great until I was invited to a house concert and couldn't resist the pigs in a blanket, the chilli, the crackers and hummus. I felt so guilty aftewords but while at it I just wanted to eat everything in front of me. I feel like is harder for me to fight temptantions during this time of the month. I am a very active person don't mind exercising at all but I am certainly a big eater and don't discriminate food, that's why I joined MFP. What do you guys do during this time and still lose weight..Thanks.

Replies

• tumteetum
    tumteetum Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I discovered that Evening Primrose Oil can help my PMS cravings as well as helps stabilise some of the mood swings. I take it anyway but when I start getting the munchies or get a mood swing I take more. Doesn't always work but it helps.
  • Maureenf418
    Maureenf418 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am the same! I will eat anything that isnt nailed down! lol:bigsmile:
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    Unfortunately, it all comes down to willpower. Is it easy? No. Its more mental than anything, unless of course you have an iron or magnesium deficiency to explain the cravings.
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    I CRAVE salty foods when TOM is here. (and the whole week before) I just try to stick to healthier options- fat free pretzels, 100cal jolly time popcorn, and raw veggies. I just try to remind myself that I am going to be bloated already, and that I don't need any help from my temptations. And drink tons of water!
  • Clarisse0304
    Clarisse0304 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Now that you mention that, I do have an iron deficiency. Hmmmm thank you, now one step closer to the answer of my question :smile:
  • Clarisse0304
    Clarisse0304 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, it all comes down to willpower. Is it easy? No. Its more mental than anything, unless of course you have an iron or magnesium deficiency to explain the cravings.

Now that you mention that, I do have an iron deficiency. Hmmmm thank you, now one step closer to the answer of my question :smile:
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I had a bad time with chocolate and I was so moody but now im back on track and feeling better. Im also taking multivitamins to balance out my iron intake I was getting hardly any before!