The Stampede Mud Run

Options
It is in Louisville in May. I REALLY want to do it. I don't run (because of back issues), but I can walk it and do most of the obstacles. You are allowed to skip the ones you can't do, you just can't "win" if you do that. I'm alright with not winning. I just want to do it.

Any advice on preparing for it? Anyone else planning to do it?

Replies

• Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    i'm doing dirty girl mud run in 3 weeks...i do do some running but mostly i'm doing yoga for strength. don't plan on winning but plan on having some good fun in the mud:0)
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    i'm doing dirty girl mud run in 3 weeks...i do do some running but mostly i'm doing yoga for strength. don't plan on winning but plan on having some good fun in the mud:0)

That's me! I just want to have fun with it!
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on doing the Down and Dirty Mud Run in September. My only advice is to do a lot of arm and upper body work to build up some arm strength. Most times, there is a monkey bar type obstacle and other obstacles where you have to pull yourself up and over something. :laugh:

If you can, go to Youtube and look for videos of past races. They look like a blast.
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on doing the Down and Dirty Mud Run in September. My only advice is to do a lot of arm and upper body work to build up some arm strength. Most times, there is a monkey bar type obstacle and other obstacles where you have to pull yourself up and over something. :laugh:

If you can, go to Youtube and look for videos of past races. They look like a blast.

I just pulled them up on YouTube. Oh my gosh! It looks like so much fun!