New Pal

Options
Hi, I am a new member who wants to lose 10 lbs. by October 30. I love crunchy salty foods and all things chocolate. My drink of choice is cuban latte coffee. If any one has suggestions that would help me overcome these cravings, and stick to a low carb food regiment, I would appreciate it.
Jane

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use.Everyone is really nice here too. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    I live in MIami where I am SURROUNDED by Cuban coffee. Guess what - you can get used to it without the sugar or the fat. Just ask for the version without milk and use a Splenda or something until you get used to it!

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    My tip is don't completely eliminate these foods. Moderation in all things!!! It's ok to TREAT yourself to these on occasions. That occasion just can't be everyday!!! If you eliminate them completely for the duration of your "diet", Oct 30, then go back to eating them, you may send your body into what I call sugar shock!!! Basically you're body will just gain weight again and that's what we don't want!!

So having a handful of your fav snack every once in a great while is all right!!!

Sure hoped it helped!!!

Brandy

11440.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • jsonnett02
    jsonnett02 Posts: 110
    Options
    just a thought to remember. What you cut out and deprive your body of now (say low carb diet, so carbs) you will gain all the weight back when you reintroduce them to your diet again. You need to switch to healthy carbs, whole grains, etc. Something we have heard from the experts time and time again. Find an equal balance in the basic areas and eat in moderation. Cut back on your portions but not on the carb, the protein or the fat.
    Just a thought. :flowerforyou:
  • kbaker18
    kbaker18 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello New Pals,

I just stumbled across this site while searching for a tool to track daily intake and excercise. It looks like a great tool! I am 43 years old and mother of 3 grown children, grandmother to 3 boys and a little girl on the way late September. I love dogs and have a furry little dog named Maximus. I am at 213 pounds right now and my goal is to get to 175 pounds by the end of September when my grandaughter is due to arrive. I have done it before and know that I can do it again. STRESS kills me because I am a stress eater, but I just graduated with BS in Marketing (1 BIG stress over) and hope to start work soon. My husband of 28 years is working right beside me along with my 25 year old son. You know.....a family that works together, loses together......we HOPE! I look forward to working together with everyone! GOOD LUCK to all new pals and KEEP IT UP to those vetrans!

Kim:bigsmile: