Am a newbie! Mum of 4.. need to destroy my muffing top!

Options
GailEMac
GailEMac Posts: 90 Member
Hi all,

I have just had a baby girl 10 weeks ago and desperate to get into shape after having 4 children. I need to shed 22lbs and drop a few dress sizes.. but I need a little push in the right direction. I am on day 5 of the 30 day shred and feeling positive so far. Any tips for curbing hunger would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to add me up :)

Replies

• nenniesmith
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on your new baby! I also and a mom of 3 (12, 15, & 16) and take care of a 2 and 3 year old Mon-Fri. My best tip, don't eat their crusts and left overs, LOL. Its really amazing how all those little bits can add up. I make a point to have 3 meals and 2 snacks daily and don't eat at all during that. I'm pretty fanatical about counting everything that passes my lips and I make sure to do something active each day. Time for me is precious and I don't have the privilege of going to a gym. Positive thoughts and visualization of where this journey is taking me works wonders. I look back at pictures often of when I was at my 'now goal weight' and where I've come from at my heaviest and it seems to take away the urge to snack because of boredom.
    I find the friends on MFP can be more motivating than friends and family at times because there is no jealousy and only well wishers. Good luck, you can do it! Picture yourself at your goal weight, slow and steady weight loss, smart food choices and a positive outlook all spells success. :)
  • GailEMac
    GailEMac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tips.. I had to stop myself eating the kids elftovers the other day! I am trying to be more active etc. Congratulations on your weight loss so far, you're doing great!
  • nenniesmith
    Options
    Thanks!
    I had to chuckle at your "need to destroy the muffin top", the other day I put on a pair of pants that I used to call the muffin top pants and to my surprise, there was no muffin top hanging over. I was so happy, LOL It didn't look quite the same when I sat down, but still way better than before. :)
    So heres to 'no muffin tops'!