30 day Challenge

Options
Hi everyone! Happy Saturday :)

I am going to be flying home in about a month for a family reunion and really want to kick my diet and exercise into full gear. I want everyone in my family to be WOWED by how I look, so I'm on a mission to get into the best shape of my life.

Starting Monday, since it's the weekend and I have friends in town, I know I am going to be bad..but on Monday it's low carb-low fat diet for me. I picked up some new circuit training exercises, and plan to work out 5 days a week instead of 3. Right now I am doing cardio for 20 mins at the gym, and 20 mins of strength training and circuits. However, I want to make sure that eating less calories, and working out more isn't going to hinder my results. I would really like to lose at least 10 pounds.

Are there any tips or suggestions you guys could give me to reach my goal? I'd really appreciate it!

Replies

• Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Oops.. that should be 40 mins of circuit and strength training.
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you are approaching this reasonably. Healthy fat loss per week is generally 1-2 pounds.

Cardio is great to do every day. Strength training should not be daily, though. Give yourself a day to rest, or if you want to work it out daily, just alternate muscles that you are working on, so that you are not stressing the same muscles every day.
  • Tiff1124
    Options
    Thanks!

I am working on making a chart on the days I do strength and the days I do cardio. So for instance on Mondays I do 2 hours of zumba, then Tuesday work on upper body with weights, Zumba again on Wednesday and lower body strength training on Thursday then Friday all ab work. Would that be considered too much?
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    guessing from your ticker your not very large right now so 10pounds per month is going to be really really hard for a person your size. I would shoot for 1pound a week just my opinion

I`m at 170 pounds myself right now and work my but off at the gym and eat within my limits and I know I could not loose 10 pounds in a month just saying
  • Tiff1124
    Options
    Yeah I was thinking that myself too. The most I've ever lost in a week was 4 lbs but then I gained it right back the next week..talk about frustrating! I'm at 144 right now, and have been struggling to lose these last 10 for a good 3 months now. :grumble: