New Rules of Lifting for women... on Kindle?

Options
Is it ok to get this book on the Kindle or should I buy the 'proper' version of it? Are there pictures or charts or anything which I may not be able to view on the Kindle?

TIA :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    no. easier to flip back to pages in a paperback.
  • Bunnie_Rex
    Bunnie_Rex Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have it on kindle and it has everything the book has. I prefer the portability of the kindle, plus I can look at it on my phone too.
  • Jade1964
    Jade1964 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Better to buy the book, I bought something similar on my KOBO and regretted it. I couldn't highlight the stuff on the pages I wanted and couldn't flip back and forth as I would have with a paperback!
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I would recommend the book. I flip back and forth frequently between sets and it would be a PITA on the Kindle.
  • tnnslvr
    tnnslvr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love this book but I like to write notes and highlight pages, plus photocopy some of the exercises to take to the gym. Can't really do that with Kindle...plus I would be afraid I'd leave it by the chest press or some silly thing and someone would pick it up....if I lose a photocopy, no big deal :)
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I bought it on my Kindle first and wound up buying the paperback version too. The Kindle edition has all of the pictures, charts, etc, but it's not easy to jump back and forth through the Kindle edition the way it is through a paperback book. I wish the publisher had done a better job with the ePub version in terms of linking the illustrations to the charts. : /
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Love this book but I like to write notes and highlight pages, plus photocopy some of the exercises to take to the gym. Can't really do that with Kindle...

Actually, you can highlight and make notes in the Kindle.
  • deborahmills22
    deborahmills22 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I got the book on Kindle too and I hate it. The index doesn't even have a link to a page or so called location, so it's useless. I'm thinking of getting the actual book instead.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I recommend buying the book, it has pictures on proper form you may not be able to view on the kindle
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Definitely buy the book! I got it on the Kindle- big mistake. Its too hard to go back and refer to the workouts and diagrams on the kindle.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Thank you peoples!

Looks like I'm off to buy it in book version. Its a bit cheaper that way too :drinker:
  • Glitter969
    Glitter969 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think those pictures are in the Kindle version. Are you referring to the pictures that go along with the exercise descriptions?

To the OP: Overall the answer would probably depend on how you use your Kindle in general. If you are comfortable using the highlighting and note-taking on the Kindle it could be fine. I bought it more for the information than the exercise program itself, so the Kindle version was 100% right for me.
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    With my nook, I can highlight, make notes and book mark pages. :) like my nook
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Just ordered the book last night from amazon... I can't wait to get it! Good luck!
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    How about on the kindle fire? I own both the regular kindle and the fire.
  • LisaManySongs
    Options
    I bought it on my kindle fire and think I'm going to get the proper book. As everyone has stated just seems easier to flip back and forth etc.
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I did this program last year and I only bought the Kindle version. It worked fine for me.

There was a NROLW thread last year where someone posted the link to print out the worksheets for each workout (I can't remember the web address). I would just print out the sheet and write my weight levels and notes on the sheet. The worksheet was super helpful -- I found it far easier to take a single piece of paper around the gym than to tote my kindle (much less a book).

Just my $0.02.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Depends on how kindle/computer savy you are, you can highlight, bookmark and take notes on a kindle and if you feel really adventurous you can edit the file and link things the way you want them.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have it for Kindle (on my ipad) You can highlight, take notes, print out stuff. I have my worklogs on my Ipad too. So i just bring that tot he gym. The kindle version was also cheaper.