Coffee

Options
I never count coffee in my daily calories, just the cream I put in it, but should I? Does coffee have a calorie count? I never see it on the label...

Replies

• maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It has a very low calorie amount 2-3 calories per cup. If you really think it makes a difference you can log it, but walking over to the coffeemaker and making it probably burns the amount that you'd consume from it. I log it only to keep track of what I'm eating, but sometimes I don't even bother if I'm just drinking it black.
  • Chelsea_Laura
    Options
    ok. thank you for your response!
  • princessdracos
    princessdracos Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If I chose to log my coffee consumption, I'd be on mfp all day! Yes, I'm *that* person. I drink coffee from the time I get up to the time I go to sleep. If/when the caffeine starts affecting me, I may just cry. I don't worry about logging it unless it's a rare occasion when I don't drink it black. I actually started drinking massive amounts of coffee when I was diagnosed as diabetic; it keeps me away from the sugary sodas.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I log it, but it has no calorie value to speak of. I drink it black and I'm like Princessdraco, I drink it all day and can have an espresso and go to sleep. I no longer have blood in my veins,..it's pure Sumatra. :drinker:
  • princessdracos
    princessdracos Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I log it, but it has no calorie value to speak of. I drink it black and I'm like Princessdraco, I drink it all day and can have an espresso and go to sleep. I no longer have blood in my veins,..it's pure Sumatra. :drinker:

Bahahaha! If I started saying I have pure Colombian in my veins, people might get the wrong idea :bigsmile: