how to maintain during spring break

Options
hi everyone! I'm going on spring break to an all inclusive resort with all of my friends in a few days. I really don't want to gain weight while I'm there. I'll have access to a gym, but the night time is making me a little nervous because of going out to dinner and then going out afterwards. I'm not planning on getting any pina colodas or anything like that, but does anyone have any recomendations for low calorie drinks? on one hand, it is spring break and I plan to have fun with my friends, but I've been working so hard lately and don't want to sabotage myself. anyone have advice? thank you in advance!

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    When I go on vacation I don't log. I try to make reasonable choices but I don't worry about it. Particularly if I'm going to be active. (Will you be burning extra calories by doing a lot of walking? Dancing?) I have never gained weight on vacation.
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet, maybe. Nothing that tastes good.
  • normanmac
    normanmac Posts: 34
    Options
    We just got back from spring break. I gained 1 pound. I drank sweet tea with peach schnapps and limited myself to two drinks per night. I also picked grilled fish when ever possible, ordered all dressings on the side and also ordered water to begin the meal. when bread or hush puppies were offered I had one small slice or just a couple of hush puppies and then asked that they be taken away. I was happy with my one pound gain, which I took off this week.

I also logged in my food every day....so that i had a clear idea of where i was headed weight wise...and made sure to exercise each day. We ordered mountain bikes to be delivered at our condo so we were able to ride most mornings.

It's totally doable if you make plans to do it.
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    self control and pack stuff to munch on
  • JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    As far as alcohol goes - try vodka and iced tea - bring your own nestea or crystal lite - kinda like a long island and vodka does not have too too many calories!