I've never seen these movies!

Replies

• astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    The whole Hunger Games phenomenon has reminded me that I have a long-running "streak" of sorts: I have avoided all of the top-grossing movies of the past 20+ years. Here's a list of movies that I HAVEN'T seen and have no intention of seeing:

The Hunger Games
    Any of the Twilight movies
    Any of the Harry Potter movies
    Titanic
    Any of the Jurassic Park movies
    Any Star Wars movie made after 1977
    Any animated movies by Disney or Pixar

Sorry, I'm not just not into the big Hollywood blockbuster. What about you?

Guess I am a weirdo... I have seen all of them (excluding star wars) and would watch them all again... :) no regrets either! Aww the joys of seeing a movie!
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    I've never seen

Anything SF, for that matter
    The whole of Titanic. I started, it was so painfully boring that I had to give up.
    Lord of the Rings
    Forrest Gump (or anything with Tom Cruise in it)
    Any Transformers
    Rocky
    Any Mission Impossible
    Any Austin Powers

I'm gonna add more to the list when I remember them. :D
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    So you only saw episode IV?

I saw Star Wars, whatever that was, as a kid in 1977. That's it.
  • Musikelektronik
    Not even Saving Private Ryan? Like who hasn't seen that movie?! It's one of the greatest movies ever!

Add that to my list. I hate Tom Hanks. Ever since Forrest Gump won the Best Picture Oscar over Pulp Fiction in '94, I've refused to see anything with Tom Hanks in it!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    I have the same aversion. If everyone else likes it, I will not like it. It's a big reason why I don't watch TV either.

I was forced to watch Avatar so I could write a social commentary on it. I did not enjoy it one bit. Sat uncomfortably through it from beginning to end.

I was also taken to see Transformers. I immediately fell asleep. It's how I shut down when I can't escape.

I've never seen and never will see:

The Hunger Games
    Twilight saga
    The Matrix series
    Saving Private Ryan
    Jaws (Someone tried to get me to watch it while I was sick. I showed him my interest by promptly falling asleep.)
    X Men series
    Star Wars series

anything involving Nicolas Cage

Actually, the list of movies I HAVE seen is far shorter than the list of ones I'm unwilling to watch.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    I have the same aversion. If everyone else likes it, I will not like it. It's a big reason why I don't watch TV either.

You don't watch things just because they're mainstream? o.o
  • Musikelektronik
    I've never seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off. That fact scandalizes most people I know.

If you're a Gen X'er and you haven't seen Ferris Bueller, that is pretty shocking. :smile: I'd put The Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink in that same category: "Movies that every Gen X'er has seen (or should see)"
  • sunkisses

You don't watch things just because they're mainstream? o.o
    No, I don't watch things because I tend to not be interested in what everyone else in interested in. From time to time it happens that I do, but usually that's not the case.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Not even Saving Private Ryan? Like who hasn't seen that movie?! It's one of the greatest movies ever!

Add that to my list. I hate Tom Hanks. Ever since Forrest Gump won the Best Picture Oscar over Pulp Fiction in '94, I've refused to see anything with Tom Hanks in it!

I've never seen Saving Private Ryan.

I do love Forrest Gump though
  • Musikelektronik
    Actually, the list of movies I HAVE seen is far shorter than the list of ones I'm unwilling to watch.

You have an impressive list there. But to be clear, I watch tons of movies. Tons. I have an incredible DVD collection. But it's filled with obscure Italian, Spanish, French, and American horror movies from the '60s and '70s. :smile:
  • The Godfather movies
    Armageddon
    Titanic
    oh well.......
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    I am an 19 year old girl,
    and have never seen twilight..
    Infact despite my love for werewolf / vampire films,
    i just dont want to go near it.
    ever..
  • sunkisses

You have an impressive list there. But to be clear, I watch tons of movies. Tons. I have an incredible DVD collection. But it's filled with obscure Italian, Spanish, French, and American horror movies from the '60s and '70s. :smile:

Yeah, you could classify me as "not a movie person". The movies I watch are also obscure, "foreign" (to Americans anyway), or just undesirable to most people - definite box-office failures.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,719 Member
    LOL I am so not a movie person. My husband cringes at the thought that I have never seen...

ANY Star Wars movies
    ANY Twilight Movies
    ANY animated movies by Disney or Pixar
    The Hunger Games
    ET
    Thelma and Louise
    The Princess Bride (Hubby's favorite!)
    Anything with Vin Diesel
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Ok, the list would really be much too long. It would probably be easier to list what I HAVE seen. haha

Edit: Had to add one!

You haven't seen your husband's favorite movie?

Nope. I have no intention of suffering through 2 hours of something just because someone else likes it. That would be no fun for him. I also wouldn't sit through a country music concert, because I hate country music, which he loves! In my defense though, he would not sit through a TOOL concert or Pantera (If they still played, RIP Dime). He will not watch the horror or odd movies that I prefer, when I watch them. We love each other and our tastes in music or movies has nothing to do with it. We have plenty of other things in common, without that. It's not a bad thing. :flowerforyou:

Edited to add.. He watches that movie at least once a month. It isn't like it will change anything if I am sitting there too. lol I am a music person, he is a movie person. Just like he likes cats, I like dogs.
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    I've never seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off. That fact scandalizes most people I know.

If you're a Gen X'er and you haven't seen Ferris Bueller, that is pretty shocking. :smile: I'd put The Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink in that same category: "Movies that every Gen X'er has seen (or should see)"

I totally agree, and would add Goonies to your list, and maybe Weird Science :)
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 615 Member
    The whole Hunger Games phenomenon has reminded me that I have a long-running "streak" of sorts: I have avoided all of the top-grossing movies of the past 20+ years. Here's a list of movies that I HAVEN'T seen and have no intention of seeing:

The Hunger Games
    Any of the Twilight movies
    Any of the Harry Potter movies
    Titanic
    Any of the Jurassic Park movies
    Any animated movies by Disney or Pixar

Sorry, I'm not just not into the big Hollywood blockbuster. What about you?

My opinion is that you're missing out. All of these are good movies, except for the Twilight series. There is nothing bad *kitten* about sparkly vampires. I'm a True Blood fan, though.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    LOL I am so not a movie person. My husband cringes at the thought that I have never seen...

ANY Star Wars movies
    ANY Twilight Movies
    The Hunger Games
    ET
    Thelma and Louise
    Anything with Vin Diesel

Ok, the list would really be much too long. It would probably be easier to list what I HAVE seen. haha

Nope. I have no intention of suffering through 2 hours of something just because someone else likes it. That would be no fun for him. I also wouldn't sit through a country music concert, because I hate country music, which he loves! In my defense though, he would not sit through a TOOL concert or Pantera (If they still played, RIP Dime). He will not watch the horror or odd movies that I prefer, when I watch them. We love each other and our tastes in music or movies has nothing to do with it. We have plenty of other things in common, without that. It's not a bad thing. :flowerforyou:

Edited to add.. He watches that movie at least once a month. It isn't like it will change anything if I am sitting there too. lol I am a music person, he is a movie person. Just like he likes cats, I like dogs.

I had to watch all 10 (before the newest one) Star Trek movies before my husband agreed to marry me.

That's 10.

10 movies of geek speak.

15-20 hours of my life.
  • Musikelektronik

I totally agree, and would add Goonies to your list, and maybe Weird Science :)

I've never seen either of those movies. Time to update my Netflix queue!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,719 Member

ANY Star Wars movies
    ANY Twilight Movies
    The Hunger Games
    ET
    Thelma and Louise
    Anything with Vin Diesel

I had to watch all 10 (before the newest one) Star Trek movies before my husband agreed to marry me.

That's 10.

10 movies of geek speak.

15-20 hours of my life.

Hahahaha That is awesome! I'm afraid I'd still be single.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member

That's 10.

10 movies of geek speak.

15-20 hours of my life.

LOL. You got off easy. He could have included all of the Star Trek television episodes. :P