food at work

Options
inasopp
inasopp Posts: 13
Hello i was wondering if anyone had any tips on food to eat at work?
we have a refrigerator i can have stuff in, and a microwave, and a stove.
i need something that is fast, healthy and that downs´t take much space. right now it´s cup noodles. Since this is a job i have after school i can bring leftovers either because they can´t lie that long in my backpack.

does any one have any ideas? i am working 3/4 times a week and it would be nice to have a better dinner than cup noodles and nutrilett.bars

xxx

Replies

• polingrobin
    Options
    Read you message and thought I would share with you what I do. I will bring a few slices of lunch meat that is low in fat and calories along with some cheese. I roll the meat up in the cheese a eat it like wrap. It's really yummy and you do not have the calories and starches from the bread. A small ice pack in your bag will keep the food cool until you can put in the fridg at work. Salads are also easy to fix and transport. You can leave your low-fat, fat free dressing in the fridge so you do not have to carry it each day.
  • zalla
    zalla Posts: 6
    Options
    i don't know of any recipes that could help you but i do have a suggestion that may..you could invest in a small cool bag(the kind intended to keep canned drinks cool for picknicks etc) it wouldn't take up a great deal of space in your school bag but would keep most of your perishables fresh.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Your office set up is a lot better than most. It is a shame you're settling with cup of noodles.

I bring a salad or wrap every day with me to work. Short shifts get a yogurt and 1/4 cup of Kashi Go Lean for crunch. I sometimes bring a sweet potato to slice and nuke until it is soft. A 1/2 cup of cottage cheese is a good snack. Fresh veggies and hummus wouldn't take up too much room if you packed them in a single tupperware. Shelf stable stuff like nuts, jerky, etc. can be kept at your desk.

There are a lot of ways to be creative, especially with cold storage and heating methods around! GL.