8.5 months and 70lbs less (pics)

Options
This is me last June and this is also the photo that made me sit up and take stock of how fat I was and that I needed to do something.
07122011277.jpg
In August 2011 I was weighed at the hospital and I tipped the scales at 105kg (16 1/2 stone or 230 lbs or there abouts) and I was a size 20 (UK) and I was disgusted with myself. I was scheduled for a gynae operation so thought I should take the task in hand of losing weight and get on with it. I started on here at the very end of July and started calorie counting and exercising every day using the Wii. I ended up cancelling my surgery due to losing 30 pounds and things had settled down. Why have surgery for the sake of it and thankfully my doctor backed me up too.
Fast forward to now. I've consistently lost 1 or 2 lbs each week since that day. I've joined a gym and found I actually enjoy working out. I'm wearing size 12 (UK) clothes and today fitted into a size 10 for the first time in my life (purple and yellow dress). I now weigh 158 lbs and I feel amazing. I'm loving everything about the new me. A few friends have taken inspirations from what I've done and that means so much.
Here's two photos from this week
2012-04-14-029_1.jpg
2012-04-13-005_1.jpg
I'm now in the healthy BMI weight (hence my profile photo). Each goal I have set I've got to and carried on, I wanted to lose 50 pounds and get to a size 14 but am further than that now and every pound has been a triumph.
You too can do this!!
Thanks for reading

Replies

• deedaltz
    deedaltz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Way to go! you look great!!
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!
  • Tammymiller2006
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look amazing!!
  • zeikiya989
    Options
    Awesome job, you look great and happy!
  • slbrown5
    slbrown5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great! Wonderful story!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I love hearing stories like this that inspire me!!! Thank you for posting this!:flowerforyou:
  • denjoh17
    denjoh17 Posts: 18
    Options
    Amazing, you look fabulous. 1-2lbs a week is great!!!
  • Bullygirl30
    Options
    Love the black dress. Great job, you are looking good
  • Menene
    Menene Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look amazing.
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats! And good for you for taking weight loss into your own hands and not having the surgery! That's fab!
  • hellotina
    hellotina Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    you look great!!! way to go
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Wow I had to go back and double check the pics were of the same person! Well done, it's an amazing transformation, you should be very proud! x
  • peachy_keen
    peachy_keen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The pride just shows in your face. Congratulations! You are definitely an inspiration to me. Thanks for sharing!
  • angelcop74
    angelcop74 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Great job! Very inspirational!
  • nursecasg
    nursecasg Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! AND you look so much younger : )
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!! WOW! What an inspiration you are!! Awesome.
  • jjohnboy2000
    jjohnboy2000 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have known Rachel for a few years now and to see what she has achieved ober the last 8.5 months is amazing. But then she has achived so much not only with her weight loss.

I know she has inspired me to get my butt into gear.

You look stunning my friend am very very proud of you.xx:flowerforyou:
  • treatingmybodyright
    treatingmybodyright Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You look amazing--congratulations!
  • Sgenno23
    Sgenno23 Posts: 5
    Options
    WOW FANTASTIC!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!