Options
2»

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

a cup is 8 oz in most of the world

certain parts of Alabama and Jersey might be different

lol, yes but it doesn't count cuz they can use straws without opening their mouth so...
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i measure it at about 250ml
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Ahh, the amount of water you should be drinking is very dependent on YOU. It's not some set amount like 8 cups or 92 oz or anything.

Considering some women can be 5' tall and weigh 115 lbs and others can be 6' tall and weigh 170 and still be perfectly healthy, reason would dictate that they need different volumes of water. In fact you should drink (at a minimum) about 6 oz for every 10 lbs of body weight, minimum. There is a maximum, but you would be hard pressed to reach it, so as long as you aren't chugging water 2 gallons at a time, it's pretty tough to go over your water. Course drink a lot of water and you may, in fact, have water weight gains, so remember that when you step on the scale, THIS SHOULD NOT DETER YOU FROM DRINKING ENOUGH.

Bad things happen when we are dehydrated (some very bad things over extended periods), and by the time you are thirsty you are ALREADY moderately dehydrated, so remember, drink water throughout the day, even if you're not particularly thirsty!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I am told that a human trying to lose weight needs to drink half of their weight in water..........

If you weigh 200 lbs, you should be drinking at least 100 oz of water per day. If you weigh 150 lbs, then you should be drinking about 75 oz of water per day.......

You should drink at least 2 liters of water no matter what your weight if you are trying to maintain.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options

a cup is 8 oz in most of the world

certain parts of Alabama and Jersey might be different

LMAO! U ALWAYS CRACK ME UP! LOVE IT!
  • jjaamm67
    Options
    This is from the May Clinic website and may help everyone. The rule of urine being clear is from when I was in basic training.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283