I'm new, scared to death, any help appreciated!

Options
13»

Replies

• czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    here just more than 24 hours, and feeling more confident. I stayed in my calories today! I did it! One more day tomorrow.

great job!!! :)
    Just keep telling yourself exactly that each day... one more day :)

One more day, one more ounce lost! darn I cant spell today sorry. make it a lovely day!
  • pinktink1955
    Options
    here just more than 24 hours, and feeling more confident. I stayed in my calories today! I did it! One more day tomorrow.

great job!!! :)
    Just keep telling yourself exactly that each day... one more day :)

I found out I can't eat the same size portions as husband, it seems he gets more because he is 7 inches taller, and a man! now does that seem fair? This is going to be easy. I have a very healthy diet, just portion control is the real culprit.
  • idreamof55
    idreamof55 Posts: 18
    Options
    been here a little while and i feel i am doing good. my questions to everyone is... I have stayed in my calorie range but I always seem to go over in the protein department. I am losing weight but is that a bad thing?
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I've always cooked pretty well, I just tended to eat too much.

Here's the biggest adjustment I made,,,

Dinner before smart eating:
    Ton o' spaghetti with sauce & 3 huge meatballs
    Big slice of Garlic-butter bread
    nibble of steamed broccoli
    A little salad smothered in bleu cheese dressing

Now that's delicious and a great birthday treat if you can stand it, but if you eat like that every day the post office will assign your butt it's own zip code.

So,,,,,, dinner now:
    A modest serving of whole grain spaghetti with sauce spiked with big chunks of eggplant and browned chix breast.
    A good nibble of chewy baguette bread
    Big serving of broccoli
    Nice big salad w/lite ranch dressing on the side.

As you can see, the food's not really that different. The biggest diff is how I load the plate. The second dinner is no less tasty than the first, and quite filling and satisfying,,, and it's far far lighter - less than half the calories actually.

You'll get the hang of it. As you cook and eat and log meals you'll learn what's good and what's not and what you like and what you don't. Whatever you do - do not skip meals and sit around miserable. If you go a little over today that's fine. This isn't a sprint, it's not even a marathon, it's a permanent change to the way you eat and exercise and live. If it's miserable you won't be able to stick with it, so learn to take care of yourself in a way that works for you.

You'll get it - you'll do it - you are in control and you can do anything (and be any size) you want to be! :smile:

Welcome aboard.