Kelp Noodles---A great noodle alternative

Options
I picked up a bag of Kelp Noodles at my local health food store yesterday to try. I am completely sold on this stuff. Kelp noodles are a sea vegetable in the form of an easy to eat noodle. They are made of only Kelp and water. They are gluten free and very low in carb and calories. There are only 6 calories in a 4 ounce serving of these noodles compare to about 200+ calories of regular noodles before you even add meat, sauce and other stuff to the regular pasta. The entire package of the Kelp Noodles is only 18 calories. They have a neutral taste so they soak up the flavor of what ever you add to it.

What a great alternative to pasta and rice noodles. I just made some Kelp Noodle chicken stir fry and it's only 82 calories for a HUGE serving of this yummy stuff. I added broccoli, chicken breast, red and yellow pepper, onion, garlic, ginger and some lemon seasoning. Simply delicious.

I have never heard of Kelp Noodles before now. I have heard of Shirataki Noodle. Another wonderful MFP lady posted a topic about Shirataki Noodles which was why I had gone to the store. Even though I had tried Shirataki Noodles before I wasn't a fan. However, she explained how to make it really good so I decided to go and buy some to try again. Needless to say that I picked me up some Shirataki noodles and a whole lot of Kelp Noodles too. Even my young kids enjoyed them :)

Replies

• londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    sounds nice i will have to look for them, which brand are they, or what do they look like? i have bought seaweed before and that usually comes in sheets
  • Angelgirl040688
    Angelgirl040688 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i will have to look for them... and give them a try
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    sounds nice i will have to look for them, which brand are they, or what do they look like? i have bought seaweed before and that usually comes in sheets

I bought the Sea Tangle brand. They were about $1.79 for the package. :)