Vacation workouts...what to do?

I have a question. I am going to Texas and Mexico over Spring Break this March with my husband and a bunch of friends. I don't want to completely blow all my weightloss success I have already acheived. We are planning on running in the mornings, but I'm wondering if anyone has some good exercises that are easy to do, without weights, that will help me keep the muscle that I have been building. Squats and lunges are a given (I do these all the time anyway) and ab exercises are easy. But what about for the arms? What are some good arm exercises? Any ideas? Or if there are any other suggestions for legs or abs...that would be great! Food wise...I should be fine. Portions! Portions! Portions! Sometimes I won't really have a choice, but for the most part...I think it will be fine. It's just going to be passing up those margarita's that will be hard!!!!:love: Anyways...suggestions...please!!

*Kistinbee*

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    I have a question. I am going to Texas and Mexico over Spring Break this March with my husband and a bunch of friends. I don't want to completely blow all my weightloss success I have already acheived. We are planning on running in the mornings, but I'm wondering if anyone has some good exercises that are easy to do, without weights, that will help me keep the muscle that I have been building. Squats and lunges are a given (I do these all the time anyway) and ab exercises are easy. But what about for the arms? What are some good arm exercises? Any ideas? Or if there are any other suggestions for legs or abs...that would be great! Food wise...I should be fine. Portions! Portions! Portions! Sometimes I won't really have a choice, but for the most part...I think it will be fine. It's just going to be passing up those margarita's that will be hard!!!!:love: Anyways...suggestions...please!!

*Kistinbee*
  • I've traveled with a fitness band (stretchy thin material with resistance) and find that doing some exercises with those is a decent substitute for missing the gym for a couple of days. It will fold flat in your luggage and you can buy varying levels of resistance to make it easier or harder. Hope this helps.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • push ups for your arms should be fine.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Kistinbee, it sounds like you have the food part under control... that's the BIGGEST challenge. Drinking is always hard on the bod, so try to keep that in moderation. Margaritas and those other fruity drinks have so much sugar in them. Do you like light beer at all? A light beer has around 100 calories. That way you don't have to feel like you're missing out on a great time. It's your vacation, so you should have a great time. You'll probably be walking around a ton, and most resorts have fitness rooms and even classes you can attend. Do you like water aerobics? I went to Mexico last year and the resort put on this super fun water aerobics class every morning at 10am.

Have fun!!!
  • -Push-ups...obviously
    -Do one push up and then push into a side plank- if you rest your lower leg on the floor, it's not as difficult, but you always have the option to take it into a full side plank. THen push up again, into the other side
    -Straight planks
    -Deltoid Dips- or a crab push-up----works your triceps. Make sure your arms are bending at the elbow and you're not just pushing your torso down. Keep a table top position with your hips.
    -Arm circles/ pulsing the arms up and down. I do this in a 4 way pattern: 8 counts with the palms facing foward/ 8 cts facing back/ 8 counts with the palms up to the ceiling/ 8 counts palms towards the ground, and THEN arm circles both ways
    -Calf Raises with your arm supporting yourself against a wall.
    -Rotary Twists/ Standing Oblique crunch- I do these in the shower : ) Rotary Twist- 15 one side and then 15 the other....SLOW and controlled, contracting abs in. Then the oblique crunch is common-- leaning down to one side and back up. 15 one side and then the other.

I hope this helps! Yoga is a great work out without equipment...and fun to do on the beach! And of course...SWIMMING!

Have an awesome vacation!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Thank you so much for all of these!!! WONDERFUL ideas! I'm not so worried now! Again...thank you so much! And I WILL have a GREAT time!!!!!!:bigsmile: Just can't wait for it to get here!!!!

*Kistinbee*