FITBIT device has anyone tried it?

Options
dont wanna spend 100 bucks on something useless

Replies

• mecagney
    mecagney Posts: 21
    Options
    Fit bit is$99.00. I've seen hrm for about the same$$. I'd like to get a good one that I'll use??
  • chloerecine
    Options
    I love my fitbit. Sometimes it doesnt track stairs accurately though.
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Love mine, but for true workout calories burn you need a HRM, the fitbit is for all day wear. HRM would provide better results for zumba, P90x, jumping, and jumping jacks, since fitbit is more for running, and steps, stairs you take.
  • mellow17
    mellow17 Posts: 1
    Options
    My husband and I both have a Fitbit. I LOVE it! it's very accurate, but can be tricked on escalators. the stairs are tracked by elevation gains. I wear mine daily.
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i love my fitbit! been wearing it every day for exactly 2 months today, actually. i have no problems with it at all. and i love that you can track your sleep with it.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit! It's my new bestest pal. It even tattles on me if I have a lazy day. :bigsmile:

It's like a pedometer, only way better. It does track steps, and does so better than any pedometer I've ever had. It also gives you an estimate as to how many calories you burn in a day. It has a little flower that grows as you're more active! I love that, keeping at least 2 leaves all the time is my current challenge. And I like that it tracks flights of stairs. Motivates me to use them!
  • mecagney
    mecagney Posts: 21
    Options
    What HRM would you recommend?
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Fitbit, wear it 24/7. The built-in altimeter tracks stairs at about 12 per flight. No longer do we have to plot out our walks, it takes all the fuss out of logging by transferring all the data to mfp. I wear mine on my bra, my husband wears his generally on his t-shirt or pants pocket, making it very convenient and comfortable.
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    I had no luck getting Fitbit to work - at all. I finally returned it and gave up. I use the free Endomondo app on my phone. It tracks workouts great, even elevation, calories burned, etc. It works for me - especially the free part.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Just bought mine today, still in box, but from allI have read it should be well worth the price. If you live near a TARGET store , they had Fitbit Ultra on sale for 89.00, reg price 99.00. Am looking forward to using it. Check out the SEARCH on Community type in FITBIT and you will have a ton of info.to read.:love:
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    I was debating on a HRM or the fit bit and I chose the HRM in a watch form and I hav head it two days and I am in love it it!!! I got it at Walmart and it was only $35ish.
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit! I dont see any reason to use additional HRM for "formal" exercise. Fitbit registers the extra burn every time! I have a two story house and it registers stair climbs accurately for me. It registers stair climbs when I walk on my road. But I figure the burn from walking the elevation variations is earned. I have been adjusting caloric intake based on the "exercise calories" Fitbit awards, and have been losing weight steadily. I also hesitated, but can vouch Fitbit as being one of the BEST investments in my new fitness arsenal!
    And I LOVE the sleep tracker!
    And most of all, that it dumps the burn directly into MFP exercise journal!
    STRONGLY recommend it!!!!!
  • CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I purchased a Polar F4 HRM with chest strap/watch a few months ago from Amazon for under $60 and really like it.
  • jguest
    jguest Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :love: I have had my Fitbit since the begining of January and will not take it off. I also have a HRM for Zumba but it is to measure my heartrate and not calorie burn. I use my Fitbit exclusively for calorie burn, steps, running and everything else. Love it.
  • grossos95
    Options
    Love my Fitbit! I have been wearing it every single day and night since January.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I got mine for $84 on Amazon. :) Shipped today!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Just started using mine today, so I can't tell u alot since I'm just learning myself, but so far, worth the $100, it's a real neat gadget to have, I have it on right now tracking my steps, it's real small too, I was surprised how small it is.......does way more than just a pedometer, tracks sleep too to see how you sleep......and I see people saying they'll get a HRM instead, I have a HRM too and these are two different things, you def need a HRM for sure! This Fitbit is an extra bonus to have......
  • Leesa22
    Leesa22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am in love with mine, worth every penny! It has kept me honest and since I had it April 4th I have dropped 3.3 pounds, it keeps me totally motivated and I love all the graphs etc on the website when it sync's and the fact it is compatable with MFP is a total plus!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Boyfriend has a fitbit. His numbers seem higher than they should be, so I don't know what formula they use. Also, you have to be careful when on busses or cars.

I have a bodybugg. I love it and find it to be accurate with the major down side of you wear it pretty publically on your arm and then have to explain it to everyone. But I'm sure they didn't think that I accidentally lost 30 pounds... I can't really "hide" that I lost weight, or that it took effort to do so.
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I am going to get a Fitbit and compare it with my HRM during workouts. I have a Polar F6 and have never looked at as a calorie burn tool. I never really felt the HRM was particularly accurate for that purpose, and of course it is only good for the workout.