Ran my first 5K and placed 4th in my age group! With before

Options
I started my weight loss journey in August and have lost 25 lbs so far. Along the way I started running a bit and today was my first 5K. To my surprise I placed 4th in my age group and had a personal best time! I have a before pic that was taken a few years ago and the second pic is from today after the race with my husband.

20kylah.jpg

10yl0f8.jpg

I placed 4th in my age group and my husband placed 12th in his, we are so proud!

Replies

• amazondakini
    amazondakini Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That is so fantastic! You both look happy and healthy. I am inspired to keep at it, you lost it nice and steady and not too fast, you look really radiant! keep it up! Thanks for sharing!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing!! You look great!!! and congrats to you and your accomplishment!! :)
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! I will be running my first 5k next Saturday.
  • karleestar
    karleestar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation! Congratulations!!
  • MIchelleH2027
    MIchelleH2027 Posts: 1,239 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful!!! You look great! One of my goals is to run a 5k also. Have got serious yet, but my son, the athlete and health nut, is really on me to do it.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Awww, you are so cute! Congrats on the run!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • MIchelleH2027
    MIchelleH2027 Posts: 1,239 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful!!! You look great! One of my goals is to run a 5k also. Have got serious yet, but my son, the athlete and health nut, is really on me to do it.
    ....have *not* got....
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great job, you look amazing and that is a wonderful NSV.
  • kcrod72
    kcrod72 Posts: 2
    Options
    Awesome!!! You look great!! Nice job!!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Wow! I wouldn't have thought those were the same people in those two pictures. Amazing job!
  • jpfrimmer
    jpfrimmer Posts: 134
    Options
    ....have *not* got....

Go for it! You will be glad you did. I had so much fun!
  • jeano22
    jeano22 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You and your husband look wonderful! Great job and congratulations!
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job. Dang...I'm always in the bottom third of my AG. Congrats!
  • bander21
    bander21 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That is amazing congrats!
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! You both rocked it :)
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey in August and have lost 25 lbs so far. Along the way I started running a bit and today was my first 5K. To my surprise I placed 4th in my age group and had a personal best time! I have a before pic that was taken a few years ago and the second pic is from today after the race with my husband.

20kylah.jpg

10yl0f8.jpg

I placed 4th in my age group and my husband placed 12th in his, we are so proud!

That is really fantastic!!! WTG, you! :flowerforyou:
  • elri1908
    elri1908 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well done! You and hubby are looking good! Awesome that you are doing things together..... wonder whether I should also train for that 250km 7-day endurance event that my husband's currently training for - Nahhhhh! I'd rather come and join you on the 5km's. Well done! A lot of reasons to be SUPER proud of yourself!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is something to be very proud of. You and hubby look fabulous!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    You look soooo good! You have much to be proud of! Lookin' good. Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!