Any Recovered Anorexics Here??

Hey,

I'm a recovered anorexic, and am wondering if there are any others here who are also...I would really like to hear from you if you are!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Teapotdomescam
    Teapotdomescam Posts: 156 Member
    I am. :)
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm sure it'd be interesting to talk about our situations together.
    I need some more motivation as well!
  • I am :-) feel free to add me
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    me too x
    add me if you like :flowerforyou:
  • not quite...trying though :happy: just started recovery actually....for the third time! 3rd time's the charm right ?!?!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    I had it 6 years ago then when I got married my husband made sure I ate so I gained 50 lbs pretty quick. Add me!
  • jess__bat
    jess__bat Posts: 18 Member
    Dealt with anorexia, bulimia and self injury through high school and college. "Over' recovered, lost it again, and now trying to be healthy. Add me. :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Hey :)
    I had anorexia all through high school, about 5 years ago, before I turned to binge eating.

Add me if you would like :)
  • I am, and I'm still fairly new to MFP. Feel free to add me :D
  • Stephyshoes
    Stephyshoes Posts: 45 Member
    I'm in recovery. :) Feel free to add me!
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Feel free to add me as well :flowerforyou: I also "over-recovered" and am trying to lose pounds the healthy way.
  • teressaelise
    teressaelise Posts: 1 Member
    I am... although I am currently trying to find middle ground since having a baby 11 months ago. Please add me!!
  • GotEffingFat
    GotEffingFat Posts: 5 Member
    Hi :) I'm still working on the recovery part, 21 years now of anorexia and everytime I start trying to eat I gain weight and wind up back to bulimia and eventually cutting the food completely and living on energy drinks. Please add me, love to meet others who are/have battled the monster!!
  • shyrina25
    shyrina25 Posts: 101 Member
    me 2. Feel free to add me : )
  • Hello, I'm new here (: I had it two years ago and am now "over-recovered" as well. I'm just trying to get into shape the healthy way. Please add me, too!
  • WildAngelJoy
    WildAngelJoy Posts: 140 Member
    Hey,

I'm a recovered anorexic, and am wondering if there are any others here who are also...I would really like to hear from you if you are!! :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much for asking this question, I have been on MFP for about a week and wondered if there were any other folks who have or have had eating disorders. I am a recovered anorexic, I *realized* I was anorexic in 1998 and immediately went into counseling with a dietitcian who specialized in eating disorders. It took many years to conquer, I've often wondered what my "anorexic self" would think about my weight gain which was brought on my health issues in 2008. I DO think it still plays a part in me not being able to embrace myself at a higher weight, I can get very critical about the way I look and try to catch that attitude and change it into positive thoughts.

To all on the thread, feel free to add me :smile: !!
  • perkisha000
    perkisha000 Posts: 1 Member
    i still am....
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    There are groups (Disordered and Recovering from Bulemia/Anorexia) Search the groups and join them!:flowerforyou:
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Yes. I'm 42 yo and didn't really get "recovered" until I was in my late 20's. Honestly, when I balloon in weight the first urge is to simply stop eating altogether.
  • Shawn8216
    Shawn8216 Posts: 63 Member
    Yes, feel free to add me !! :) I'm soo happy someone else asked that because I've been struggling and hoping to gain support from those who dealt with "ED" before