50 Shades of Grey

Options
Maryaly40
Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
Anyone reading this series? I am and I'm just starting Book 2. Let's discuss.......this book is AMAZING!!!!

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I am waiting to get the first book from a friend and am looking forward to reading it. I hear it is totally awesome!
  • MrsInmon
    MrsInmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just got this in the mail! Actually starting it tonight, a bit excited!
  • weightwatchergrl
    weightwatchergrl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I read by mistake the second one first oops! And now I am half way through the first book. Very different.
  • michellereich
    michellereich Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on the 3rd and taking my time....I don't want it to end! Love it!c
  • JeanLew
    JeanLew Posts: 11
    Options
    I finished them all last week and couldn't put them down. BUT, I have mixed feelings on how I feel about the actual book and the characters. I kind of feel like their relationship was so unhealthy. And while I know why he is the way he is, does that make it ok? I guess the way she was so naive made me feel like she went into the relationship blindly and I'm just not sure how I feel about it. I don't even know how to explain my feelings on it.

I'm mixed but as I said, I couldn't put it down.
  • Maryaly40
    Options
    I finished them all last week and couldn't put them down. BUT, I have mixed feelings on how I feel about the actual book and the characters. I kind of feel like their relationship was so unhealthy. And while I know why he is the way he is, does that make it ok? I guess the way she was so naive made me feel like she went into the relationship blindly and I'm just not sure how I feel about it. I don't even know how to explain my feelings on it.

I'm mixed but as I said, I couldn't put it down.

Ok, do you think there will be a fourth book? Yes unhealthy for sure, but it seems he really cares for her. I cannot wait to dive into book 2 tonight :)
  • MrsInmon
    MrsInmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I only got three hours of sleep because I couldn't put the book down. I still have a hundred pages to go. I reread a lot because of distractions so I am a VERY slow reader.

I love how naive Ana is. I think my favorite part soooooo far has been the very end of Chapter seven. I would hate to spoil anything for anyone
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Ooo, oo, what's it about?!
  • Nastasha915
    Nastasha915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through the 2nd book. It's interesting and annoying at the same time.
  • Maryaly40
    Options
    Ooo, oo, what's it about?!

A sweet romance with the male being a Dominant and the female being his Submissive. Very sexually explicit, but not really in a nasty, gross way.
  • Maryaly40
    Options
    I'm halfway through the 2nd book. It's interesting and annoying at the same time.

Why annoying?
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I am reading them and I have to say three things niggle me.

1. they are VERY repetitive - "foil packet" "inner goddess" - blah blah blah.

2. there is a general impression, throughout book 2 that Christian is only kinky because he is damaged, this seems pretty kink negative to me

3. What kink there is, is very, very tame. A bit of spanking and some love eggs, really! I do that most weeknights. :-P

I'll finish them, because i am interested to see if the kink-negativity works itself out, but I have a horrid feeling that they will marry, have children and live vanilla for evermore.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options

This. Exactly this.

What's annoying about it is the way that it is written. To an extent, I am enjoying the books BUT there are times when I shake my head and roll my eyes.
  • JeanLew
    JeanLew Posts: 11
    Options
    I thought I read somewhere that the 3rd book is the end of the series.

I won't go through quoting everyone but yes, the inner goddess was a little too much for me. For some reason I felt the last book wasn't as repetitive but I tend to forget details when I'm done with a book since I read so fast.

But I did find myself envious of all the sex they had!! Geeze, if only my husband was up for several times a day! Heck, I'd settle for several times a week!
  • Maryaly40
    Options
    I think all that sex is due to their age :) Yes! Definite repetitiveness, gets old. I'm still on book 2. I find myself reading quickly through the sex parts now, it's not as exciting as it was in the beginning.....
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I loved them!! <3 I'm very interested in how they will turn this series into a movie that can be seen in the theatres...It will have to skip all the good parts!

Oh and my choice for Mr Grey is totally Colin Egglesfield. *droooooool* ha! Who is yours?
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'll finish them, because i am interested to see if the kink-negativity works itself out, but I have a horrid feeling that they will marry, have children and live vanilla for evermore.

LOLOLOLOL. Finish the series!!

I enjoyed the naughty parts, thought the story line was a little like a grown up Twilight but with kinky sex which I found slightly annoying (how it was like twilight, not the kinky sex! haha). I was aggravated that after all the creative sex scenes, the author couldn't call her "lady parts" anything other than "her sex" seriously?! you were just talking about some serious BDSM and you can't think of anything else to call it??

I agree with LisaSmuts, it's annoying how Christain is kinky "only because he is damaged".

All in all, it could have been written in a more "adult style" but I think it's wrote in a young tone because Ana is only 22. I thought it was all interesting, even the parts that aren't my cup of tea.
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    OH and my choice for Christain... Chris Hemsworth. SERIOSULY :love:
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Halfway through book 2...LOVE IT!!!!
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I am half way through book 2 as well. Read book one in two days but have slowed down, the sex scenes are getting repetitive and boring so I just skim over that to get to the story line. Wonder how they will make a movie without it being rated X, all they do is have sex!