I have a confession to make ..... :-(

fitmummy
fitmummy Posts: 9
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all,

As the title says, I need to confess - I'm more of a fat mummy today. Yesterday evening I lost my resolve so had a pig out. It all started by a slightly unhealthier meal due to dinner guests. But I'm an all-or-nothing kinda person, and eating something I don't usually eat, the floodgates were opened and in came all the rest of the crap. Normally I would log all of it, but I dont have hours to spare - yes there was that much of it lol!!!

Now I've closed and locked the floodgates, and am planning on throwing away the key so it doesn't happen again. This morning I feel awful, bloated etc. So I got up at ^am, fed my baby girl, then went into the garage (where I have a treadmill thanks to my lovely mum and dad) and pounded it as much as I could and plan to do the same all this week as I want to see a weight loss this week, and not spend the next 5 days making up for my weak will.

I read a post earlier in the week, and dave198lbs posted this which at the time made me smile, but now I think it shall become my mantra as it sooooooooooo true!!
get naked

look in the mirror

like what you see? if you do...have a cupcake

don't like what you see? work out...eat sensibly

you are your own motivation
you just need to "see" you

xx

Replies

• fitmummy
    fitmummy Posts: 9
    That's meant to be 6am
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
    You obviously are headed in the right direction now. Good for you!
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Hello you.

I am the same, if I eat something I shouldnt, then I can't stop. I just think, ah well the healthy day is already ruined so I might as well continue. :ohwell:

I think what we both have to remember is that every bite counts.
    So we had a piece of cake that we shouldnt have, then we continue to eat healthy for the rest of the day and then it is only the piece of cake we have to work out extra for. But if we keep eating bad things that day, then how are we going to make all that up? :noway:

I know that it is easy said now, but yesterday was just a bad day and I have gone over in calories by 266 cals. Because I ate a Quorn escalope instead of the planned soup. I was really tempted to eat a pack of Quavers afterwards, but I put it all into my diary and when I saw I was already over by 266 cals, I decided not to go even higher and had no quavers, nor any other snack. I really think the diary is such a great help to realise what we eat. And as long as we put it all in, even if we go over a little, at least we know how much we have to work off again... :smile:

So keep on working the treadmill and stick to your calories the rest of the week and I am sure you will still see a loss. :flowerforyou:

Hanna x
  • ninaellis
    ninaellis Posts: 60
    We all have days like that! Just write it off & do as you plan with the exercise/diet for the rest of the week.
    Try not to beat yourself up over it, we're only human! xxx
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    We all have days like that! Just write it off & do as you plan with the exercise/diet for the rest of the week.
    Try not to beat yourself up over it, we're only human! xxx

I completely agree with Nina!
    The best thing about MFP is that we now know that if we DO have a bad day, we get right back on track the next! :smile:
    If we KNOW we're going to have a bad day, (like I am tomorrow with a pot luck luncheon!) then we can try to get in lots of extra exercise, as well as "behave" the rest of the day. But, sometimes we're not prepared in advance, so then all we can do is get right back on track, eating wise, and getting in as much exercise as we can. :smile:
  • jchudon
    jchudon Posts: 33 Member
    Log EVERYTHING so the next time it's on the verge of happening, you'll have some memories of how terrible it can be. :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.