plan ahead......

ninaellis
ninaellis Posts: 60
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
yesterday I filled in my food intake before I ate most of it.
It was so useful to see ahead how many calories I had left rather than 'runing out'.
So when I felt peckish mid afternoon I knew I had enough calories to have a healthy snack.
Also I reduced the quantity of oil I was planning on using to cook & gave myself more rice & vegetables, which left me feeling much fuller than a tablespoon of oil would!! :laugh:

It's a good way of helping yourself to make good choices, but you probably all know that already!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    It was so useful to see ahead how many calories I had left rather than 'runing out'.
    So when I felt peckish mid afternoon I knew I had enough calories to have a healthy snack.
    Also I reduced the quantity of oil I was planning on using to cook & gave myself more rice & vegetables, which left me feeling much fuller than a tablespoon of oil would!! :laugh:

It's a good way of helping yourself to make good choices, but you probably all know that already!!:flowerforyou:

I AGAIN have to agree with you Nina! :smile:
    Whenver I welcome the newbies, I ALWAYS suggest to them that they log everythng BEFORE, rather than afterwards. I sometimes even log in 4 and 5 days ahead. :laugh:
  • ninaellis
    if only I was that organised Bren!! LOL:laugh: x
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member

I AGAIN have to agree with you Nina! :smile:
    Whenver I welcome the newbies, I ALWAYS suggest to them that they log everythng BEFORE, rather than afterwards. I sometimes even log in 4 and 5 days ahead. :laugh:

I concur. When I plan my meal for the day. I am less likely to over eat because if I get rushed or hungry. I know what I can eat. I tend to lose weight faster when I plan ahead.
  • Sara2525
    Sara2525 Posts: 50 Member
    I do the same and find it very helpful. I always know when I can have an extra snack or not.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I think of it as being "in control of my eating", rather than being organized.
    I LOVE that feeling of control, cuz geez, when I'm NOT in control, I'm VERY, VERY, VERY bad! :laugh:
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Thats always a great thing to do :)
    I don't need to do that quite so much but my bf is on here too and I do that with him at night when he makes his lunch and snacks for his work day. Our dinner when we get to eat together is generally the same, a serving of protein with salad and we pull out the meat from the freezer the night before.
  • lgolden
    lgolden Posts: 164
    I have to plan ahead. If I don't my laziness will kick in and I'll just grab something fast. So, I spend time each week planning all my meals and snacks for the following week. It takes some time but then I know exactly what I need to purchase at the grocery store. I then just look the night before and know what I have to pack for work the next morning. It takes time but it helps so much!
  • ninaellis

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I think of it as being "in control of my eating", rather than being organized.
    I LOVE that feeling of control, cuz geez, when I'm NOT in control, I'm VERY, VERY, VERY bad! :laugh:

It's all about control for me too!!! & Like you if I let the control slip..........VERY bad girl!!!:happy:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Thanks for the great reminder!!
This discussion has been closed.