I need some momma friends!

Options
So I posted a few days ago that I am a first time momma trying to lose the baby weight. I am actually down to my pre pregnancy weight but I still weigh too much so I need some other momma friends to motivate me and tell me what works! Please friend me if you can I am new to all this. I would love to hear what you all are doing to get into shape! I work out 6 sometimes 7 days a week (this week I did 7 days) and monitor my calorie intake. I do 4x a week 30 day shred, 3x a week jogging and 3x a week p90x ab ripper x workout. I am hoping it pays off soon!!

Replies

• perham07
    perham07 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow I wish I was as motivated as you after having my first. But then I guess thats how I got here after the 4th one. I don't have the space to do much in my living room plus with kids and dogs it gets kinda hard too but I do walk 5 miles a day and am joining a gym on Monday so I hope that will help. Congrats on the weight loss you have had.
  • sarahrojas
    sarahrojas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Girl!

My name is Sarah. 26 years old and i just created my account a few mins ago. So i am also new at this. But i am also a Mom. I have 2 amazing children a 5 year old and 18 month old. And since i started having kids i have gained weight. and it time to get it off! So hard losing the weight. i don't know how old your child is. But breast feeding really helps lose the weight. I used to lose a lot of weight after having baby then always gained it back. but i want it gone for good. Don't think i am having anymore kids. So its time to get real serious and i have been putting it off. i am so addicted to food. I grew up really skinny and never had to watch what i eat. So that's what makes it hard for me. but you sound like you are doing a awesome job with all your work outs! how do you stay so motivated? Maybe we can keep in contact and encourage each other.

Take care,
    Sarah
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I have three kids and I do a lot of the same workouts as you. Running, 30DS, P90X. I've been taking one day off per week usually.
  • MzMandi1025
    MzMandi1025 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello! & congrats on the new baby. I have a 3 year old daughter & I've had a very hard time getting back into shape. I've actually be overweight for about 8 years now, I was overweight when I got pregnant, lost some weight, then gained it all back & then some. I didn't really start working out again until October of last year. I have a personal trainer once a week & I try to work out an additional 3-4 days a week. I have lost 10 pounds since October, mainly because I didn't really start to focus on my eating & calorie intake until last month. I'm hoping to start adding in pilates dvd's that I can do at home & since summer is almost here, I want to start swimming. Feel free to add me as a friend. I could use some mommy friends as well. Good luck to you!
  • pebblesbuddy
    pebblesbuddy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses. Really just getting motivated was something I had to do for myself. I finally was tired of feeling so frumpy and fat. Now that I do work out 6 days a week I feel weird if I don't you know? The first two weeks were tough but now it's like a daily thing. And I know I will always feel great afterwards. If there are any other mommy friends I would love to be your friend and motivate you!
  • Sarine13
    Sarine13 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am also new to this and would love some mama friends and support! I am a mother of a 9 month old daughter.