Insanity, HRM, Running Shoes??

Options
JesiDM
JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
Ok, So I only have the money for either Insanity, or HRM and Running shoes. I just wanted to know what everyone thought would be the best investment. I'm unsure because I want all three but I just can't afford it.

Replies

• Gulzilly
    Gulzilly Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    HRM and Running Shoes.

Insanity is available on YouTube.
  • bearxfoo
    bearxfoo Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I lovelovelove my HRM. And running shoes are always awesome!
  • JesiDM
    Options
    I'm trying to find it but I can't find a full workout.
  • JesiDM
    Options
    Bump
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    It would depend on what you do now for exercise/fitness. If you are feeling like you are getting in enough fitness in something you like a lot, then I would definitely vote for HRM. If you have super wanted to begin running and do not have appropriate shoes, then I say the running shoes - spending money is well worth avoiding injury. Insanity is a great overall workout... but the other 2 really should come first IF you are getting something that already hits your overall body for cardio/strength now. *ps, hope that all made sense as I am exhausted and want the words in my head to sound right when written, lol*
  • leemarie324
    leemarie324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    tough choice b/c u need good shoes with insanity and its pretty cool to see how many calories you burn with insanity..i would buy insanity, im on my 2nd round and i am completely addicted to the workouts..I got great results..good luck hun!
  • jcan1588
    jcan1588 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    all three? try to find insanity used which would leave u money for the hrm and maybe even running shoes.
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    It's sssooooo totally up to you! Do you intend to start running (or already run and in dire need of a new pair)??? Then go with the shoes!! If you invest in shoes, go to an actual running store. They will watch you walk, and measure your feet so you will get a pair that fits you perfectly -- no injuries!!

Insanity is great if you are in need of workout videos. Are you REALLY going to do them daily or just think you will? It's an expensive purchase if you do them for a month and give up.

IMHO the HRM is fabulous but a total luxury item. This wouldn't be at the top of my list until I've got the other basics.

Good luck!
  • JesiDM
    Options
    Ok thank you!! I'm trying to find it cheaper (used) now lol. The HRM I want is 60 on sale (Polar ft4) and the shoes I want are 40 on sale. I know that sounds very cheap lol but as of right now I dont have a job. (Deff looking tho!!)
  • JesiDM
    Options
    It's sssooooo totally up to you! Do you intend to start running (or already run and in dire need of a new pair)??? Then go with the shoes!! If you invest in shoes, go to an actual running store. They will watch you walk, and measure your feet so you will get a pair that fits you perfectly -- no injuries!!

Insanity is great if you are in need of workout videos. Are you REALLY going to do them daily or just think you will? It's an expensive purchase if you do them for a month and give up.

IMHO the HRM is fabulous but a total luxury item. This wouldn't be at the top of my list until I've got the other basics.

Good luck!

I'm currently doing C25K right now and 30DS. So thats why I wanted the shoes and I wanted a heart rate monitor to know what I'm burning (accuratly) but I also wanted Insanity because I only have 6 days left of 30DS and wanted something challenging to follow.
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I went for:

Insanity
    HRM
    Shoes

in that order. BUT, that's because I don't run or belong to a gym. Insanity is my whole program. I went for the HRM next because I kept plateauing, so I wanted to get a better idea of what I'm eating (bought a food scale around the same time) and what I'm burning in my workouts. Since I do Insanity barefoot (my downstairs neighbor would kill me if I were jumping around with my shoes on!), I've not bought running shoes yet. They are next on my list because I want to give C25k another go. . . .
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options

Good luck!

I'm currently doing C25K right now and 30DS. So thats why I wanted the shoes and I wanted a heart rate monitor to know what I'm burning (accuratly) but I also wanted Insanity because I only have 6 days left of 30DS and wanted something challenging to follow.

I vote shoes but I'm partial to running :laugh: then Insanity, then HRM but I bet you already figured that out :tongue:
  • annbung
    annbung Posts: 2
    Options
    download insanity of the internet buy shoes and then buy the heart rate monitor :)
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I say HRM and running shoes. I love my HRM and learned so much from it. U can always do 30DS again and/or run while saving up for Insanity. I am currently doing Insanity and love it but feel that the HRM is a valuable tool to have :)
  • holl6425
    Options
    I'd say Insanity, then cross training shoes. Instead of purchasing illegal pirated copies, purchase the actual program and then link up with a fitness challenge group to help keep you accountable. When you buy an authentic copy, you'll get assigned to a coach and meetup with like minded positive people who can hep you maximize your results.

Buying an illegal pirated copy assumes that you accept a compromised version of the final product. I guess if you are willing to do that for entertainment like a movie or music that's your choice, but in the case of your fitness and health, why would anyone accept the possibility of a compromised version of their future potential?
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have all three, and will list mine in order of "most used to least used".

HRM: used almost daily; used when I do things that I don't do everyday like cleaning our barn or gathering firewood (by the half ton load lol), etc.

Running shoes: only used when going for walk/run......doesn't happen here in winter :( I wear the HRM too!

Insanity: Incoorporated it into my P90X workout......2 years ago. Hahaha! But do plan on doing it again. Again, I wear my HRM when I did this.
  • macdiver
    macdiver Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    As a barefoot runner, I would say that running shoes are not necessary. Get the HRM.

Most people disagree with no shoes though so if you can't see yourself running barefoot get a good pair of neutral minimum drop shoes instead of the monitor.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, that buying Insanity off ebay or used means you won't get the customer service from beachbody - so if you get bum discs, or one scratches, you're stuck with it and beachbody can't help you out. You buy it through them, and they'll replace DVDs for life if they scratch/go bad. I've also heard of people buying programs used and then when they get them, the DVDs don't work at all. Just be careful. It'd be worse to try and "save money" and end up wasting it altogether.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I say HRM and Running Shoes.

Insanity, to me, seems like a waste of money. You can do just as much by googling body weight exercises... which are free and are a good start.