peanut butter & cheese sandwiches

Options

Replies

• prettytothinkso
    Options
    Or peanut butter and cheese on crackers. Now I'm getting the munchies. Damn it.
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    I don't eat bread anymore, but I love pb and cheese!

Ditto! I have it on rice cakes now.
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    Okay, apparently I'm out of the loop. How does one make this sandwich? What type of cheese? Is it grilled or just assembled and eaten? I like pb and I like cheese but I don't eat sandwiches often... But I DID just buy 40 cal bread...

Spread slice of bread with peanut butter, top with slices of cheddar and another slice of bread. Voila - peanut butter and cheese sandwich! Very popular in the UK.

Edit- also really good on toast... Mmm...
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Love it! I usually toast the breat or microwave it a bit to get the cheese melty, but i havent figured out the perfect heating time to get the cheese melty enough but not have the pb be all runny
  • KristieWade
    Options
    we started out with PB&Cheese and ended up with a "Gain Weight" Sandwhich....Bread,PB,Cheese,Tomato,and Bacon....Yummy
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    For years my hubby packed pb and cheese sandwiches for our daughter. She would tell me she couldn't stand it and would always take the cheese out. Never would tell her dad she didn't like it until after she left home. Guess she didn't want him to quit packing her a lunch!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    who eats 'em?

(I know I can't be the only one here that does ... )

OMGosh, I love, love, love, love, love peanut butter and cheese sandwiches. It is the best combination since vanilla icecream and chocoate syrup. Love them.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    How about peanut butter and banana sandwiches? I am the only person I've ever met that has ever even considered it!

Peanut butter and banana is REALLY good too.
  • CollisionofNova
    Options
    This was one of my favorite sandwiches growing up! I don't do dairy anymore, but I remember them fondly!

I also love peanut butter and barbeque chip sandwiches. It sounds ridiculous, but it's awesome.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    no, chips on any sandwich are good. I love adding crunch.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, one of my favorite things to make myself was a sandwich consisting of smooth PB on one side of the bread, cream cheese on the other side of the bread, honey mixed into the cream cheese side, a sliced banana laid on the cream cheese side and a slice of Kraft American cheese on the PB side, then close it up - all on plain white bread.

I ate SO many of those things and loved 'em so much. Just stopped eating them one day, don't remember when or why though.

Nowadays I love a PB sandwich with cream cheese, bacon and a fried egg. Om nom nom!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I keep laughing... because I just want to know WHAT people were doing when they came up with the combos? I mean, how do you come up with some of these things...

BUT... I have to confess that I was talked into trying the thing - and it wasn't bad... I think that grilled with cheddar would be better, but with the recipe given, it wasn't half bad! LOL.

Peanut butter and BBQ chips... hmmm... why BBQ?!? LOL.

Yeah, funny thread... funny, funny thread...
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Back when I ate sandwiches, yes, I had the pb & cheddar cheese combo.
    My friend eats pb & olive sandwiches which are pretty tasty.
  • Val_91
    Val_91 Posts: 36
    Options
    How about peanut butter and banana sandwiches? I am the only person I've ever met that has ever even considered it!

I'm a fan of pb&b sandwiches. :) PB&C, however? Not so sure about that.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana sandwiches but no not with cheese
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I keep laughing... because I just want to know WHAT people were doing when they came up with the combos? I mean, how do you come up with some of these things...

BUT... I have to confess that I was talked into trying the thing - and it wasn't bad... I think that grilled with cheddar would be better, but with the recipe given, it wasn't half bad! LOL.

Peanut butter and BBQ chips... hmmm... why BBQ?!? LOL.

Yeah, funny thread... funny, funny thread...

Mine was born from kid logic.
    I liked peanut butter and honey.
    I liked banana and American cheese (Mr. Rogers made it as a snack on an episode)
    I liked peanut butter and banana.
    I liked banana and cream cheese.
    I liked cream cheese and honey.
    So I must like all of these things together. A sandwich was born.

The PB, bacon, cream cheese, and fried egg I actually saw on a menu at a food truck in San Diego. I opted for the butter poached lobster grilled cheese from the truck. But then I made the other sandwich at home and it was awesome.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I'll have to try that. You know what else is awesome? Peanut butter and bacon sandwiches... but now I'll have to add some cream cheese to it!
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    This was one of my favorite sandwiches growing up! I don't do dairy anymore, but I remember them fondly!

I also love peanut butter and barbeque chip sandwiches. It sounds ridiculous, but it's awesome.

Oh god, i went through a stage where I had bbq chip and ketchup sandwiches after school every day during a specific year of middle school.
  • irislhsu
    irislhsu Posts: 2
    Options
    i love bread alot!! but when i have a slice or 2 ...it doesnt satisfy me so ive completely cut out bread which is sad but i guess you gotta make some sacrifices sometimes
  • Val_91
    Val_91 Posts: 36
    Options
    Ah! Peanut butter and honey is also good.