Artichoke & Red Pepper Frittata

Options
HealthierMamasita
HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
MV4348.JPG

For an impromptu supper, nothing beats a frittata, the Italian version of an omelet. This one relies on the convenience of canned artichokes, which are a good, delicious source of fiber.

Makes 2 servings

ACTIVE TIME: 35 minutes

TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes

2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
4 large eggs
1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, rinsed and coarsely chopped
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Freshly ground pepper to taste

1. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
2. Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Stir in artichoke hearts, Parmesan, oregano, salt, pepper and the bell pepper mixture.
3. Set a rack about 4 inches from the heat source; preheat the broiler.
4. Brush the pan with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil; heat over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and tilt to distribute evenly. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the bottom is light golden, lifting the edges to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath, 3 to 4 minutes. Place the pan under the broiler and cook until the top is set, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Slide the frittata onto a platter and cut into wedges.

NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 305 calories; 18 g fat (6 g sat, 8 g mono); 432 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrate; 21 g protein; 6 g fiber; 734 mg sodium.

Nutrition bonus: Vitamin C (200% daily value), Folate (35% dv), Calcium (23% dv).

Replies

• Isaacsmama
    Isaacsmama Posts: 43
    Options
    Thanks for the yummy recipe, and the word. Frittata! Ive been trying to remember that word for a week now! You made my day! :)
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Yum thanks, I'll give it a try!:happy:
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    Thanks for the yummy recipe, and the word. Frittata! Ive been trying to remember that word for a week now! You made my day! :)
    You're very welcome!

Doesn't that make you go nuts?!?!? I go bonkers whenever I can't remember something.
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    Yum thanks, I'll give it a try!:happy:
    Very welcome :flowerforyou: