New to Maintenance and looking for friends!

Options
Hi Guys!

I finally hit my goal weight after 250 days and went to maintain settings. Thought it was great at first, another 700 calories?? Woo Hoo!, add in exercise and I can do what I want. Well not that simple.

It's like letting the genie out of the bottle. I am staying under, but gaining weight. Must be partially do to the amount of drinking :-), but also adding in I think extra fat, I have went up almost 10 lbs in 3 weeks.

I am starting more with strength exercise to tone up this flab (yuck) that I now have, and I know muscle weighs more than fat, but I just feel like I am moving back.

I went from 44 waist to a 32 and now want to keep it!

I need like minded people to give and get support.

Please send friend request.

Dave

Replies

• Icedancer94
    Icedancer94 Posts: 108
    Options
    I just hit maintenance too :-)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been in maintenance since Sept 2010. The gain you're seeing COULD be from your body adjusting to receiving more calories. Give it time to adjust to the new calories. Most people recommend gradually moving up to your maintenance calories to give your body time to adjust to it. Keep doing what you're doing and it should level out some. :)
  • dddeans
    dddeans Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great advice!
  • stephanie_pephanie
    Options
    Hi Dave, congratulations on your achievement!! I'm about to hit maintenance too. Although I get to a goal and then think ... oh just another couple of kilos (or pounds if you prefer)!

Chevy88Grl - it is so inspiring to hear that you have been maintaining since 2010! Congratulations to you also! I've become a bit disheartened from reading too much online about this dreaded "maintenance" business so it is good to hear some success stories. I am soooo petrified of being fat again, I've even been dreaming about it. Can you remember how you felt when you were at this point? I'd love to hear more of your story if you have the time to share.

Keep up the good work Dave, regular weigh-ins allow you to take action before the scales climb too far I think. I've got a bit of saggy skin too but I reckon if we keep up with the workouts it'll get firmer soon - still beats being overweight huh!?