Has anyone done the Beyond diet program....

Options
I clicked on the AD for the Beyond diet program on this website....has anyone used it? I'm doing okay so far doing this but it seemed like a interesting add on to this site.

Replies

• taryneg87
    taryneg87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am actually a coach on Beyond Diet, so I know the program inside and out. It's a great program in that it helps you understand which foods you should be eating for the rest of your life. This is not a diet in that it's just to lose weight and then go back to the way you've always eaten. Rather, it's a lifestyle change - a way of eating that you can (and should) stick with for the rest of your life. If you're curious about the program, I would definitely suggest purchasing it at www.beyonddiet.com - it's only $47 for the manual and you're given access to the website with all kinds of great tools and an awesome community! (And we offer a 60 day money back guarantee, so there's no risk in trying it out.)
  • kerryd73
    kerryd73 Posts: 28
    Options
    I just purchased this yesterday. It wouldn't hurt to try it out is my suggestion. I am a little discouraged personally by it because they do not focus on calories in vs. calories out. More, ratios of carbs/proteins/fats per meal. It is very much clean organic eating. I am not agreeing with what they are telling me is my "maintanance" caloric goal (something like in the 3000s) NOT! If you decide to buy it, I am warning you now that they have very clever tactics to get you to spend more so be aware. There are statements such as, "I agree that if I do not choose to purchase this now at a 70% off retail discount, I will never be able to get this nor will it ever be offered to me again". Honestly, I wish I would have done more research here on MFP before I purchased everything there.
  • msmarilyn33
    msmarilyn33 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Thanks for getting back to me about the Beyond diet program...I haven't purchased it . I felt a little pressured by their AD so I was learry (?) I purchased a differant program last year..."The Fat burning furnace". It was more about exercise, but I'm constantly getting emails with additional tips that actually turn out to be ploys to get you to buy additional stuff...which is kinda a turn off. I like this program (MFP) and so far it seems to be working for me. I think I'll just try using these programs for now, but if you have any good tips you'd like to share?????:wink: Thanks again
  • yodiana
    yodiana Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    kerryD73 - thanks for your insight. it was extremely helpful in saving me money!
  • tcycato
    Options
    yes I fell for fat buring furnace as well! Am thinking about beyond diet but hmmmmm.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Never mind the fact that there's no such thing as targeted fat loss. You lose fat wherever your body decides to take it from. :\ Just eating fewer calories got me my weight loss, and I lost it from everywhere, not just X and Y.

Total scam, folks, don't buy the expensive hype.
  • grnqueen
    grnqueen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I purchased Beyond diet last week. I had to adjust my shopping but I really do feel better after eating. I cut out added sugar and soda the beginning of this year lost 9 lbs in one week. I have lost another pound since starting the program. It is based on your body and what your body metabolizes best, and it is also about lifestyle change. I can't gauge the weight loss for you, but I can tell you that I feel better then I have in years. I too wonder about the 1600 calorie limit, it seems like a lot to me and I have trouble eating all the meals recommended in the morning because of my schedule. Overall, for one time $47 (I didn't buy the extras) I think it is worth a try, it is information about yourself that will help you make better food choices for your body.
  • muffn43
    muffn43 Posts: 10
    Options
    Beyond Diet is just a Gluten Free Plan.... research Gluten free and you have it.