do these numbers look right?

Options
hey all, :flowerforyou:

i am having a CRISIS as i didn't lose last week (jk), but wanted to make sure my numbers were correct for the weight loss and exercise program i follow, called spike 84. basically you eat at your resting metabolic rate 3 days a week, your rmr minus 500 3 days a week, and then you have one day a week to "spike" your calories to double your rmr. i really like this plan because i feel like it is something i could follow for the rest of my life, as it allows one day to basically eat and drink as you like. this makes holidays and going out with friends easy and allowable while still staying on track.

let me know if this looks right to you:

height in inches: 65
weight: 153.4 lbs
activity levels: 3 days weightlifting, 3 days roller derby, 1 day spike
RMR/high day: 1510
low day (roller derby): 1200
spike: 3010
TDEE: 2341

weekly estimated intake: (1510*3 + 1200*3 + 3020) = 11,150
weekly estimated burn: 16,387
deficit: 5,237 (5,237/3,500 calories in a lb) = 1.49lbs loss a week

this all seems well and good, even though i actually gained last week :noway: . let it be known, 1200 calories a day is not easy.

anyway, i was also interested i knowing what my lean body mass might be, and how much fat i am actually carrying around. the only thing i have to work with right now is a tape measure and some calculators. measurements being:

(in inches)
waist: 27
thigh at fullest: 23.5
arm at fullest: 11.5
forearm at fullest: 9.5
neck: 12.5
hips at fullest: 38.5
midsection at fullest: 24.5
wrist: 6.5

i know the body fat calculators arn't always correct. i plugged my numbers into three different types and they all gave me 25.9% body fat or 21.8%, with around 39.8lbs of fat and a lean body mass of either 113.6 or 120. DOES THIS SEEM TOTALLY INSANE TO ANYONE ELSE?

im not sure what "weight" i should be aiming for if my lean body mass is actually that high. which seems unlikely?

suggestions, comments. particularly if you have done cutting or bulking and know you way around lean body mass. :happy:

Replies