Over indulged by 750 calories, what to eat next day?

Options
Hello,

I went out to dinner with the family last night and definitely overindulged. It was delicious and I have no regrets just trying to get back on the horse this morning. I was wondering what everyone does the next day to try and compensate for those extra calories. I was going to try and cut back a couple hundred of calories and throw in an extra workout. Is this what should be done? What do you guys do when this happens?

Replies

• Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

Id say yeah to the extra workout!! But you dont need to cut back on calories today just as long as you stay with in your daily limit! Treat yesterday as a reward/cheat/day off - whatever you want to call it!!! :)

It happens to us all now again, no point in regretting it like you say! So just carry on as normal!

Good luck x
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I make sure I drink a lot of water too because there is so much sodium in most restaurant food.
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Just drink a lot of water and make sure you work out a little extra today. Do not sweat this!
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    just drink lost of water, if you want to workout extra then do it, if you dont then dont worry about it. 750 cals equals less than 1/4 of a pound, and sometimes a high cal day actually helps your loss - i had over 4000 cals last sat (usual 1950) and lost 1.5lbs on the tuesday :-)
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I don't really stress, just try to drink water and eat some extra fiber in the form of leafy greens.
  • pondwater41
    Options
    "Calorie Cycling" isn't bad for your metabolism. Don't fret about the one bad day. Continue today as you normally would. IMO, not need to do anything differntly.

Keep up the good work.
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Don't try and force more water down your throat, that's just unnecessary.

If I've went over my calories before then I always reduce calories the next day by 100-200 and I'm also more active.