Apple-shaped ladies...

Options
Is it possible to get your tummy to a point where it's.. kinda flat?

I really don't mind if I never look like a super model, I just want to look in proportion.

So is there anyone here (or does anyone know anyone) who has been successful in this?

(Sorry if there's already a topic about this!)

Replies

• ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've actually lost about three inches around my waist since I started this whole boondoggle. I do a lot of Swiss ball exercises and core exercises.

http://www.ball-exercises.com/index.html

This website has helped me a lot. The cool thing is that the pictures are animated, so you can see exactly how the exercise is done.

Who cares if there is already a topic about this subject? So many of us are new and don't think to go back through the archives.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Read this thread complete with photos :laugh:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/562351-belly-fat-get-off-me
  • L33TBl0nde
    L33TBl0nde Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted another one about the apple shape.
    Also, I'm happy to tell you that I am loosing the belly fat now (though it's a damn slow process)...

I think some of the best advices I got, was to avoid salty foods and drinks loads of water (those effect immidiatly, on a daily basis - but are however small changes)...

In the long run, there's nothing to do about it except for exercise (cardio preferably) and to do some heavy *kitten* crunches - I do both side crunches AND normal crunches. Note, that the strenght exercises DO NOT help your belly getting slimmer, but it will make the structure better when you've burned the fat.

One of my personal advices, is to "rub" your belly with oil or a water-based cream as well and stimulate the skin. I read this on another forum some months ago, that some actually use this for "pushing" the fat around. I know it sounds damn silly - and I'm sure my belly fat isn't going to my *kitten* or legs, but the rubbing is both nice for your skin and it really did stimulate my body for sure. My skin seems a bit tighter and more proportioned as well.

(I'm sorry for my horrible english! :( )
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I hate my belly.. I think my TOM is approaching, and I quite disgusted with it!! I need some success stories with their fitness plans/diets