2 NSV's for today

Options
NSV#1:

Earlier I was at the gym warming up with a stationary bike in preparation to my heavy weight training session when one female PT approached me & then asked me if I'm joining yoga classes (I only do it sometimes at home) & I told her NO, then she asked if I'm competing for bikini contests then I also said NO. Although I play football in our office but its only during those occassional tournaments that our company is involved but I still keep on training whether on or off . Then asked me how long have I been in the gym which I answered since last December 2011. She then told me that "no wonder you're in great shape & your workouts show it". I got to admit that comment left me a broad smile on my face because in my 33 years of existence with the last 20 years playing with being moderately overweight to obese 1, I couldn't imagine that someday I will be like this & even getting good remarks from the Trainers themselves.

NSV#2:

I was in the free weights area while having one of those minute breaks from doing some biceps & triceps exercises with a 35 lb dumbbells (that is already a heavy load for me as of this time). Since I have just finished with my upper body workouts so I haven't put the dumbbells back to its rack. Then three guys came and sat on a bench beside mine. They were looking for a 35 lb. dumbbells which I offered saying that I'm already done with it. Then they proceeded to do a military shoulder press with it but eventually stopped & switched to a lighter weight because they find that dumbbell too heavy for them. Then I overheard one of them saying "Its too heavy but how come this woman was able to lift that amount of dumbbells while we ourselves find it too heavy? WOW". I'm not competing against anyone especially guys in the gym but I also got to admit that that comment left a big grin on my face.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Good for you, keep up the good work. :drinker:
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    First, nice.

Secondly, I get so embarrassed when women lift heavier than me (which is often)
    So kudos to you =P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!