increasing my cals today x

Options
Started reading a post earlier about a lady she is going to increase her cal in take as she finds the 1,200 ok for the first couple of days then finds her self binging out, Well it was like reading a post about me. for weeks now i found that i can stay in the 1,200 but after a few days i am in the kitchen eatting everything insight and after depressed and upset with my self. the last four mths has become like a merry go round. just going round and round and cant seem to to stop. So for this week will try 1.350 cals and see how my body copes with this amount. After putting the children to bed tonight going to read all articles and blogs that will help with through my journey. But if there is any that you have found very usefull plz plz share it with me need all the help i can get xx x Need more friend too so plz feel free ad me x

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Come on over :D We eat, workout hard and lose weight like WOAH.
    Plus- we have cookies. ;)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I just bumped my calories up a couple weeks ago. No more 1200 calories for me. I was starving all the time, a major b!tch, and almost killed my husband. Now I'm on a calorie level that makes sense for my BMR. I'm reading New Rules of Lifting for Women. LOVE IT. Taught me a lot, and I'm starting the workouts today. Good luck!
  • charmaineW83
    charmaineW83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    mmmm cookies am there lol xx thanks means alot that there is help out there am noting having to do this alone x x
  • illecl
    illecl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Maybe 1200 calories is too little for you? Maybe 1300-1500 would be better? Would more protein satisfy you more? I lost part of my weight with Weight Watchers, and with extra points, etc, I was eating 1500. It absolutely worked. I'm down to 1300 now and losing a pound a week. Binge eating is a monster to tame. I've struggled all my adult life with it. It works for me to absolutely not think of it as a diet. I'm "eating healthy". And for me what's best is to include a dessert every evening -- even if it's a Skinny Cow bar or a bowl of fruit with Cool Whip. I don't feel deprived and vacuum up everything in the pantry. Hang in there. You can do it!!
  • jenncaroon
    Options
    Hi! I was experiencing the same at 1410 calories. I upped my cals to 1640 about 2 weeks ago and I feel much more in control. I am not so obsessed with the food now that I have a bit of wiggle room. My setting is a half pound loss now and I feel like I can do this...it feels like a fresh start! So good luck with your change!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    fat2fitradio.com - everyone is being told to go there for the calculator but they have a fantastic podcast with info and links.
  • terrellc1
    terrellc1 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I was told my MFP to eat about 1300 cals a day. I could do it, but was constantly hungry and tired, and I didn't lose weight. About two weeks ago I read the thread from Helloitsdan. I calculated my BMR and how many calories I should eat from F2F, and it put me at 1981 cals per day, and I set my macros at 40-30-30 (CPF). For the first time in a long time, I felt better, had more energy, and wasn't going to bed hungry. And I finally DROPPED 3.5 pounds this week. My body, even with upping my exercise and beginning a running program, was just holding on to whatever it could, I suppose, because my cals were too low for me. After I submit my food log at the end of the day, MFP says I will lose a minimal amount in 5 weeks, but I sincerely believe I will lose more than their projection. I'm going to continue with the 1981 cals for a while, and then if need be, I'll adjust from there.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Yes, come to Eat More Weigh Less group! You will find so much information, you could read for days! Good luck! Add me as a friend if you want supportive and like-minded friends!
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Agree with those telling you to join Eat More to Weight Less group. The ladies are very supportive and it's a great group. Plus, figuring out your BMR and TDEE are laid out for you, as well as what each of those acronyms mean.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I was told my MFP to eat about 1300 cals a day. I could do it, but was constantly hungry and tired, and I didn't lose weight. About two weeks ago I read the thread from Helloitsdan. I calculated my BMR and how many calories I should eat from F2F, and it put me at 1981 cals per day, and I set my macros at 40-30-30 (CPF). For the first time in a long time, I felt better, had more energy, and wasn't going to bed hungry. And I finally DROPPED 3.5 pounds this week. My body, even with upping my exercise and beginning a running program, was just holding on to whatever it could, I suppose, because my cals were too low for me. After I submit my food log at the end of the day, MFP says I will lose a minimal amount in 5 weeks, but I sincerely believe I will lose more than their projection. I'm going to continue with the 1981 cals for a while, and then if need be, I'll adjust from there.

I wouldn't worry about the projection from MFP - it tells me I will lose 0.2lbs per week eating at 1600 based on Dan's numbers, but it's usually 1.5-2.5lbs.
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Eat more, weigh less! I went from 1200 cal a day to 2100 starting last Monday and lost 5 lbs this first week!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Eat more, weigh less! I went from 1200 cal a day to 2100 starting last Monday and lost 5 lbs this first week!

Wow - now that is some jump!
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    2100 is my full TDEE before exercise.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

I <3 that group.
  • d_89
    d_89 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

I <3 that group.

Me toooo!

Eating more not only gives my body what it needs, but I just feel soooooooo much better overall. Plus I get to lose weight!