Turbojamming the px90 beachbody insanity

Options
I hear so many people talking about all these programs and such, and im interested in fidning out more as it seems people have really enjoyed these programs and given something to focus on....Im wondering if anyone could reccomend a good one to begin with?? I am working on my fitness and have to slowly build up my hearts condition to tolerate regular moderate excercise, and lose some more weight, before embarking on a huge structured program, but I feel once im a bit fitter this would be perfect as i love following structure. It helps motivate me! Do I need to be closer to GW before I undertake stuff like this?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

xxPINK

Replies

• mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    I started with Turbo Jam. It's fun, it's customizable, and the diet requirements aren't too horribly strict. It's also do-able in a reasonable amount of time - 45 minutes. I probably sound a little biased because I love a lot of the Beachbody products, but they are really good stuff and they also provide a great (but currently down for maintenance) message forum for users to connect and stay accountable.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    If you are not already in good shape, PX90 and insanity are not for you. There is a TJ thread of supporters here that you can check into and ask them. They have been doing TJ for a long time.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/56030-turbo-jammers-6-8-09-6-14-09

I have it but don't really use it during the warm weather months, I prefer to ride my bike or walk/run outside.
  • ginkgojoe
    ginkgojoe Posts: 7
    Options
    I would go with the original Power 90. You work at your own pace with the tapes in Scuplt 1-2 and Sweat/Abs 1-2, you are in structed to do 8-15 reps. The people on the video do all of the reps but tell you to work at your own pace. I think this would be a good starting point for you because it is slower, but still structured.

Joe

223212.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • delilah07
    delilah07 Posts: 3
    Options
    I been doing P90X and P90X+ for about 4 months now and I am in the best shape of my life. Before I started P90X I was not in a good shape and yes it was hard but I started with the classic mode. If you are not in great shape you can still do P90X but you should do the lean version. This is a bit easier and it is tailor to loose more weight. Slim in 6 is another program with great results. All this program you can tailor to your fitness level.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Beachbody has a lot of programs for people of all fitness levels. I wouldn't jump right into P90X or Insanity to start with! Power 90 is an excellent program w/ a structure to follow. It has cardio and weight training as well. Turbo Jam is fun cardio! Chalene is an awesome motivator.

Let me know if you have any questions, I have pretty much all of the BB programs! :flowerforyou:
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    I agree with Jess.
    I'd start out with something like P90, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 (kinda repetative though).
    I LOVE Turbo Jam, I had P90 but it just didn't click with me for some reason.
    Once you are more fit....
    P90X or ChaLEAN are both AMAZING programs... but I'd hold off until you are a bit more fit before attacking those. They are amazing for toning and some weight loss can occur but maybe not as much as one would like.