How to deal with an unsupportive boyfriend?

Options
2»

Replies

• mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Just looked at your profile and you said you joined after gaining weight and ending a three year relationship. Is this the same guy and you are back with him? After reading your initial post, my gut reaction was to say "Dump his a**" Life is too short to be with someone who you are constantly worried about them making you feel insecure about making yourself better. Especially if you two have already broken up. You are young, vibrant, beautiful...there are so many men out there who will love, support, and appreciate you for those qualities. Is he jealous?-most likely. May there be a possibility he is seeing, or interested, is someone else? I don't find that ridiculous-that suggestion came from a guy, and guys are pretty honest, especially on a platform such as this. I think your need to go somewhere alone for awhile and really evaluate the type of man you want to help you raise your children in the future-because that is what really matters. What kind of life do you want and what kind of man do you want to spend it with and raise kids with?
  • SinkTheBismarck
    Options
    Just looked at your profile and you said you joined after gaining weight and ending a three year relationship. Is this the same guy and you are back with him? After reading your initial post, my gut reaction was to say "Dump his a**" Life is too short to be with someone who you are constantly worried about them making you feel insecure about making yourself better. Especially if you two have already broken up. You are young, vibrant, beautiful...there are so many men out there who will love, support, and appreciate you for those qualities. Is he jealous?-most likely. May there be a possibility he is seeing, or interested, is someone else? I don't find that ridiculous-that suggestion came from a guy, and guys are pretty honest, especially on a platform such as this. I think your need to go somewhere alone for awhile and really evaluate the type of man you want to help you raise your children in the future-because that is what really matters. What kind of life do you want and what kind of man do you want to spend it with and raise kids with?

Thanks for your honesty, it's greatly appreciated
  • Nucky719
    Nucky719 Posts: 143
    Options
    Do you talk about it alot with him? He could be insecure, or maybe he's just bored of the topic. I know sometimes when we first get into something we are excited and want to talk about it all the time, and share every detail or what we're doing and what we learned...but everybody else is like :yawn:

Maybe just keep it to yourself for awhile and see if he gets interested in what you got going on.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Talk to HIM....Not us.

Exactly. If you can't work out something like that it's probably just not a good relationship. Games are silly in relationships.