Just saying hey

Options
Hi everyone out there. Started my program Jan. 26th, have been keeping track of all my calories and have joined Curves. So far so good, have not weighed in yet on their scale, but have not lost anything on my scale at home. So really hope this works to chat with some new friends out there. Only would like to drop about 15 to 20 pounds, but know its going to be tough. Wish me luck, hitting the workouts 4 times a week, not sure if that is going to be enough. Alittle about me, im 44, have a daughter who turns 21 in April and have a son who will be 3 in April. Live in central Wisconsin and an a huge Packer fan. Any words of wisdom to get those pounds off will be much appreciated.

Replies

• jodygirl
    Options
    Hi everyone out there. Started my program Jan. 26th, have been keeping track of all my calories and have joined Curves. So far so good, have not weighed in yet on their scale, but have not lost anything on my scale at home. So really hope this works to chat with some new friends out there. Only would like to drop about 15 to 20 pounds, but know its going to be tough. Wish me luck, hitting the workouts 4 times a week, not sure if that is going to be enough. Alittle about me, im 44, have a daughter who turns 21 in April and have a son who will be 3 in April. Live in central Wisconsin and an a huge Packer fan. Any words of wisdom to get those pounds off will be much appreciated.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I was born and raised in South Bend, IN and I too am a huge Packers fan so living here in DC with a Redskins fan in the house only causes trouble when these two teams meet.

1. Whatever you do SO NOT try to burn yourself out with exercise and then get turned off by it.

2. Whatever you do DO NOT eat to the level this program tells you to do with exercise.

3. Only add a few extra calories to your diet when your body says it's hungry and you have calories left on your plan (including the exercise calories).

Welcome Aboard!
  • jodygirl
    Options
    hey packer fan, thanks for the advice, ive only been going at it for two weeks , i have not weighed in yet except from my scale at home and there have been no changes. ive been faithful of what ive been eating and also doing my workouts 4 times a week.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Welcome from Steeler Country. I have a friend who does Curves. She lost a pile of weight a couple of years ago and has kept it off. She loves it. I looked into joining the one in my area but then found out that they were about to sell that particular one out. Bummer.